Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

fozzy

Hi Guys

Time for an update again...............

REAR OF THE INSTRUMENT PANEL AREA

Started the detailing of the upper half , with the rear of the instrument panel. Here is the panel ready to place in position.......

dd007_zps20b5a077.jpg

Prior to placing the panel in I detailed in some of the pipe work for hydraulics below the position of the panel.....this was easily achieved by use of bits of electrical wire.

The next set of photos show the rear of the instrument panel in place from different angles. ....please note that I haven't finished this area off yet as a lot of wiring will have to be hooked up to the back of the instruments.......

ws013_zps9b381446.jpg

ws002_zps229269ab.jpg

ws016_zps52841213.jpg

ws006_zps8b826768.jpg

ws011_zpsbf3a9e87.jpg

ws009_zpsb520787c.jpg

The next post will be that area complete with all the wiring in.

For those of you taking an interest in this build ..I thank you for all your positive comments. :) ...it keeps me going when things are going wrong!.....like the super glue just wont stick down that wire .. :( .or .."how come that panel is too far to the left".. :hmmm: .etc etc 

Until the next time............

Fozzy

Holy Schmoley !!  Martin, where were you when I was working on my bulkhead?  I would have done mine just like yours.  When I first saw this update, I nearly fell right out of my chair.  What material did you use for the pipes under the IP?  They look so dang real.  This whole model is absolutely amazing.  After I finish my HKM B-17, I want to do one of these too.  You're literally writing my instruction booklet.   Whatever you do, don't quit this build.  You are truly a great inspiration.   I may do mine in a larger scale only so I can see my work better.  LOL.  Thanks for posting all of this.  

Holy Schmoley !!  Martin, where were you when I was working on my bulkhead?  I would have done mine just like yours.  When I first saw this update, I nearly fell right out of my chair.  What material did you use for the pipes under the IP?  They look so dang real.  This whole model is absolutely amazing.  After I finish my HKM B-17, I want to do one of these too.  You're literally writing my instruction booklet.   Whatever you do, don't quit this build.  You are truly a great inspiration.   I may do mine in a larger scale only so I can see my work better.  LOL.  Thanks for posting all of this.  

Thanks a lot SD.......As I have mentioned before...living here in Bulgaria is not really for people who have a hobby....no body has a hobby here...they are too busy trying to make a living....I have shown Bulgarians my work in the past and they just say "why would you do that?"....the point I am trying to make is that there are zero shops for model makers in the area I live....I would have to travel to the capitol Sofia (hours away) to find one model shop (I have seen it ...its like a small cupboard on a housing estate)...and so no suplies there.....no really good good Art stores .......and so I have learnt to improvise ....hence the yogurt pot thing!!!

I do have a supply of paints and Balsa wood that I pick up from UK when visiting but I stay away from anything else really.

The truth is that I am scratching this B17G out of what you see in the following photos..........

vc001_zpse15b04e8.jpg

....a box of plastic scrap cuttings...

vc004_zpsf747ec05.jpg

.....a tin of assorted wire I got from old tv /radios...

vc007_zpsca31dfb3.jpg

...and a bit of Balsa wood...

.....and that is it.  I build all my models from the materials in the same 3 boxes.

So ...like your self and your building of models I do a lot of research (staring for hours at photos....I know you have been there!) and then try to copy what I see.

To answer your question about the pipes under the IP ( sorry but I am blabbing on a bit! :blah: ).....I just chose a correct thickness of wire from that tin in the photo ...cut it...super glued it into position and painted it the appropiate colour...thats all!!

I am glad you are having a go  after your HK build....oh so satisfying yet frustrating at times....but I guess thats scratch building for you!

I have said enough....cheers

.....and that is it.  I build all my models from the materials in the same 3 boxes.

And that's what makes your work so amazing.  I'm working with a decent injection molded kit with Evergreen styrene and K&S brass supplies.  Meanwhile, you're building a totally scratch built masterpiece with whatever you can find that no one is using.  I think you've got a huge edge on me and that's what inspires me to continue on.  

Hi Guys

Man have I had a time of it!!!! :(

I managed to complete the wiring of the IP after gallons of superglue and bits of scrap wire from my build tin.....It was a very frustrating part of the build  to say the least!!!....

The problem I am having is the detail at the line of the join between top and bottom halfs of the Fueslage.....I am finding that I have to build half the detail on certain areas and then the other half and hope that when they join up together it looks right!!....do you know what I mean?....bloody complicated!!!

Any how....loads of photos as it took me long enough to do this part so I want to show it !! ;)

THE IP WIRED UP....

kj006_zpsa54c4495.jpg

vc019_zps705d5828.jpg

kj005_zpsa2d0cc5e.jpg

vc018_zps4b88df53.jpg

vc007_zpsae697dcb.jpg

vc002_zps674415c8.jpg