Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

fozzy

Welcome back Fozzy! This is simply amazing, perhaps even your best showing yet. Looking forward to more!

Kev

Hi there Kev...its good to be back amongst you lot!!...and thanks a lot mate....I take it things are good "down under"?

Have no words!!

Cheers

Boris

See Below!!!    LOL

******* amazing.

X2!!!

The use of the card as the skin is just brilliant, I love working with balsa...

PS, I bet that scale is just perfect too

Edited by xmh53wrench

See Below!!!    LOL

X2!!!

The use of the card as the skin is just brilliant, I love working with balsa...

PS, I bet that scale is just perfect too

Yea the scale is great to work with ...you can pack as much detail as you like....thank God I don't have to do the wings though!!!

Hi fellow modelers!

Firstly thanks for all the comments  :)

...and secondly on with the next post...............

I started to tidy up the window apertures ready for glazing way down the line and also made a start on the side wall detail ie all the ribs etc etc.

Now considering there are no modelling supply shops in Bulgaria , I have to use other materials which I can get hold of....now I have been collecting yogurt pots for a while because I use them instead of plastic card....a darn sight cheaper I might add....and just as good...............

mb001_zps369e1a00.jpg

So I cut them to size and started gluing them in................

mb002_zps60bf3e1c.jpg

mb003_zps30c9a2af.jpg

....and have made a start on the rib detail............

gds011_zpsb35150bf.jpg

....and then I started thinking of this............

nose-of-ab17_zps9abb7ca1.jpg

...and thought .....cripes this is going to be a nightmare!!! :( .....and I was right!.....It is of course the window aperture for the 50 cal gun....one on the Port and one on the Starboard side of the nose....so I even had to make two!! :o

Well its not exact   (just like the rest of this build!!!)....but its the best I could come up with.......its made of yogurt pot plastic ...clear plastic packaging I got from the kitchen bin and a bit of filler here and there!!!

gds013_zpsdb8aba57.jpg

gds015_zps655f68e3.jpg

gds022_zpsf2f8ae63.jpg

hb004_zps7c0d2735.jpg

km007_zps50789110.jpg

Later in the build when the two halves are joined I will glue the whole thing over the existing window apertures.

So that's it for this post.....got to go and make the other side's gun window aperture now.... :unsure:

Cheers chaps..........

I had no idea you were a fellow dumpster diver like me.  I find materials all over the place.  

Its a case of having to ...living here in Bulgaria...I only get the chance to get supplies once in a while in UK !...and so its make use of other materials!...actually I enjoy it..as I am sure you do!

The fact is that I build most of my models with ...A bit of Balsa wood....plastic packaging (if I haven't any plastic card at hand)...old electrical wire ripped out of old radios a bit of cooking tin foil from the wife ...and thats it!...I don't use anything else! :)

Its a case of having to ...living here in Bulgaria...I only get the chance to get supplies once in a while in UK !...and so its make use of other materials!...actually I enjoy it..as I am sure you do!

The fact is that I build most of my models with ...A bit of Balsa wood....plastic packaging (if I haven't any plastic card at hand)...old electrical wire ripped out of old radios a bit of cooking tin foil from the wife ...and thats it!...I don't use anything else! :)

Me too but I do use a bunch of store bought stuff when I need it.  I guess I'm not a true diver.  

That this dude is using YOGURT CONTAINERS to scratch build a B-17 makes me even more amazed, depressed and astounded. It would be amazing enough if he were using plastic card stock, but ******* YOGURT POTS??? :frantic:

Somebody give this guy a medal.

Edited by Bill Cross