Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

fozzy

Hi one and all

I haven't posted on LSP for quite a while now ...I have been doing smaller scale stuff...but I did start another scratch build last October but haven't posted it on here...until now!

I have always been fascinated with what is inside an Aircraft ...hence I scratch a lot of cutaways etc...and I came on an idea of starting a new project of investigating what is inside the front end of a B17G Flying Fort!...

At first I thought it was a silly idea as there wasn't going to be any other part of the aircraft to display.....just the front end...to be precise ,from the nose glass to the door that leads to the catwalk in the bomb bay. Crazy I here you shout!...well may be it is ..but at least its different! :hmmm:

Question is....I don't really know if its possible...considering everything will have to be scratch built...but I have started and a few months have passed by and so far so good...ish!!! :unsure:

The Fuselage I have already constructed out of balsa wood and I decided to do this build in two halves...literally...as in the lower half of the fuselage and the top half. 

Well so far to date I have done the lower half and I am about to start on the upper half of the fuselage but thought I would get you all up to date!

I have got hundreds of photos of the build in sequence so far , but I will only show some photos of certain stages else I will be here all night!! ;)

I hope you can see from the photos how I have built this so far...here goes............

THE FUSELAGE STRUCTURE

basics_zps98cca2e7.jpg

all6formersinplace1_zps9ffb1771.jpg

overalldryfit3_zps049edb9d.jpg

anotherdryfit1_zps707e91bb.jpg

overalldryfit1_zps067cfdb9.jpg

basicinternalconstructioncomplete2_zps0f