Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

fozzy

The next 5 photos show everything on the shelf completed....................

xd050_zpsbddd9f27.jpg

xd039_zps8afdf66e.jpg

xd033_zps25f196d0.jpg

xd045_zps91c7b5a8.jpg

xd047_zps4c0c4d0c.jpg

I seem to be racing along with this build at the moment .....I am sure something is going to come along where it will stop me in my tracks!!....probably the cockpit!! :unsure:

In the meantime I am having a look at a few more details here and there in the front end before tackling the big guns!!!!!...Silver Dollar has helped me on this by sending some great photos of the "Glide and climb angles for bomb release" chart...so a big thank you to him ;)

Cheers for looking in chaps...untill the next time...........

Just wow. It's a pleasure to watch this thread and it's an inspiration to try to do something like that myself. 

I'm curious how you made those (vertical) ribs. They look like bent H-beams?

Hi Fozzy

I think these may be the same as that panel that you were asking about. They are from the pilot's/crew manual....

13068950775_16a13169c6_o.jpg

13069277464_5b9d931dcc_o.jpg

I thought you may be able to invert them (i.e. black to white and vice versa) and print them from these...?

Matt

Hi Fozzy

I think these may be the same as that panel that you were asking about. They are from the pilot's/crew manual....

13068950775_16a13169c6_o.jpg

13069277464_5b9d931dcc_o.jpg

I thought you may be able to invert them (i.e. black to white and vice versa) and print them from these...?

Matt

That's what we're looking for alright.  Thanks for posting this.  

Hi guys.....bad weather here at the moment....no electricity for the last 12 hours...but back on now :)

wow.  speechless.

joe

Thanks a lot Joe!

It's the details that always seem to go faster for me. The big shapes are the challenge. So I understand your position.

J

Your absolutely spot on J......most of the big stuff is done now ..except maybe for the top turret ....yikes!!! :unsure:

Just wow. It's a pleasure to watch this thread and it's an inspiration to try to do something like that myself. 

I'm curious how you made those (vertical) ribs. They look like bent H-beams?

Thanks Roy.....the vertical ribs are just plain an simple plastic card.....I put a strip where the rib is to go first (after punching holes with a needle to represent rivets) and then glue on top of that another fine cut strip !...takes some time but works I think ;)

Every time I see his stuff I just want to kill myself, haha, :crying:

Dont do that Bill...else it will be less people watching this thread!! :wicked: 

By the way Fozzy

I didn't say, this is looking absolutely top notch. Very refreshing approach and brilliant results..

Matt

Thanks Matt and thank you very much for comming up with the photo mate....I have enough info to have a go at replicating it now....cheers :thumbsup:

That's what we're looking for alright.  Thanks for posting this.  

Too right SD!