Revell, 1:32, Hawker Hurricane

Plasticsurgeon

Revell 1:32, Hawker Hurricane

Finished this one last week.

It's the re-re-re-box of the re-re-re-re-released of the old Revell Hurricane, which was first released in '67. ( I have build one too in my younger years, late ‘80's….)

Considering it's age it was a nice kit. Fit was good, loads of rivets though.

I wanted to build a “Phoney-war†/ Battle of France Hurricane so I bought  a resin “early†propellor and resin wheels, because the kit's wheels were crap. Aftermarket decals for the roundels on the side and bottomside of the wings.

Scratchbuild a gunsight and the wheelbay.

Everything is sprayed or painted with Revell enamels , colours used according to the instructions. Mud on wheels, exhaust stains are Revell enamels.  Gun-sooth is done with Tamiya weathering pastels.

qq0_zps30b51cf7.jpg

qq2_zps216dd4ae.jpg

qq3_zps0c22f04a.jpg

qq4_zps3952972e.jpg

qq5_zpsda798582.jpg

qq9a_zpsbc0ab31a.jpg

qq7_zpsf7b364c4.jpg

qq9_zpsd84c1331.jpg

qq8_zpsa6de03fd.jpg

qq6_zps2033e615.jpg

Best regards;

Ulrich Schütt

Edited by Plasticsurgeon

Very Very Very nicely done, on all levels.  This really makes me want to pull from the stash my Airfix 1/24.  

There is some very unique and well thought out details on your plane, I particularly like the exhaust as well and the rooster tail sprays from the tires....nice.

Was there a build thread on this that I missed?

Lovely build - lovely bird !

Did you do something to the wings? I've got that kit too - the Mk IIb version - and from what little research I've done it seems that the wings are Mk I's with guns added. Shouldn't be to difficult to modify to a Mk I

Looks very nice indeed Ulrich! Great work on that old clunker. May I publish it on the website?

Kev

Yes, of course! I would be honoured! ( if that's correct English....)

Great looking Hurricane! Are wings standard Revell?

Thanks for the compliment! Yes , these are the standard Revell wings. I 've cut the barrels and the bumps on the top of the wings. Because this was the re-re-release of the Mk.1 after Revell made the Mk.2c of it. ( I believe it was easier if they just added barrels for a Mk2c , a Vokes filter and two little bulges on a seperate sprue......) 

Old girl dresses up nicely! 

Like the exhaust stain on the manifolds.

Anything done with the canopy/windscreen? 

Good choice on markings. 

Thank you for you compliment! The canopy is OOB. I noticed it's thickness to late during the build so there was no time to buy aftermarket stuff.....

To the rest, thank you very much for your compliments!!!!

Ulrich Schütt