Trumpeter harriers

dmthamade

Hello all!! I have two Trumpeter Harriers to show, one USMC markings from the box. This is the Night Attack boxing.

IMG_2860_zpsf5c61a05.jpg

IMG_2859_zpsf111ac3b.jpg

IMG_2857_zpsa97904be.jpg

IMG_2858_zps0c4b56fc.jpg

Second build is the Harrier + boxing in Zotz decals Harriers at Sea Italian navy markings, and i add Wolfpack bugeye intakes. I should call this a WIP, as i still need to add weapons.

IMG_2861_zps8aff3b53.jpg

IMG_2862_zps87d7ee20.jpg

IMG_2863_zps560dfc32.jpg

LOTS of bad shape issues with these kits, though the actual build wasn't too bad.

Don

Beautiful job on these! I did the Pappy Boyington scheme from the Zotz sheet on my harrier; i think it was probably the most frustrating build I've done in a very long time. The finish on your two kits looks much better than mine, you clearly have a lot more patience than i do :)

-Mike

Great looking Harriers! I've got one of these in my stock and hope to start it one of these days. I like the Italian version with the wolf-steps on the vertical tail. And the weathering looks spot on!

Any chance of having some detail of the nose of the kits?

Nic

The kit itself wasn't too bad to do, the intake/forward fuselage/main fuselage took a bit of planning to do. I left the engine assembly out, found an easy way to attach the nozzles. The front fan was attached to the nose subassembly and made fitting it a little easier since it didn't have to align with the engine assembly. I do have construction pics as i did most of my builds in Group builds on another site. I could post some build picks.... Nic C.D., did you want pics of the noses?

Don