Hobby Boss P-61B out

Dave Williams

Got mine today from my LHS for Euro100,-, the owner of the store is a friend of mine for nearly 30 years, so sometimes I get special "special prices". Had a first look in the box and the kit looks good for me. I know that the kit needs some corrections, but I´m very happy about it. Let´s see what the AM companies will bring.

Cheers, Heinz

Congratulations Heinz

Jozef

Got mine today from my LHS for Euro100,-, the owner of the store is a friend of mine for nearly 30 years, so sometimes I get special "special prices".

Cheers, Heinz

Wow, that sure is a bargain, congratulations, i got mine for €30 more :hmmm:

According to a HS post, it is not a "B" model but an "A". Short nose and one piece landing gear doors,

Thus markings are all wrong.

Sooooooooooooooo that means youll be correcting that little error Eli??? (hint hint) :lol:

so??

So, if the kit in the box is actually a P-61A and not a B then "Lady in the Dark" decals are totally wrong (they're screwed up anyway) and putting those decals on a P-61A would be akin to painting it hot pink. Hey, if you don't mind explaining a hot pink P-61A go for it.

oh brother.................................

Indeed. If you turn up late for class it would help if you read the notes provided. Derek mentions in the thread how easy it is to turn the kit into an A, which is what I'll be doing, and I posted a link to a photo of the various GW 1/48 noses which should help if making a B, don't know how to fix the u/c doors - I'm doing an A! Kits-World and Eagle Cal have/are producing decals for A's and B's... Google is your friend.

Well, I'm not going to worry about it. If the kit eventually comes down to about $100 I'll buy it. Otherwise I'll just build my vacuform model of it. In any event I am so busy and backed up with things to do it'll be a year before I can even think of it. Maybe by that time it will be down to under a C note. Who knows?

Stephen

I do not think Sprue Brothers is going to beat Tim or Scalehobbyist in price. They will beat them in shipping charges from what I can see. So it all comes down to who you want to spend your money with.

Mike

All I know is end of the month.

Ok, it's the 14th, albeit a bit early in the day.....release date.....waiting..... ;)

Cheers,

Jim

anyone know of any good interior reference for the 61? Schiffer and both Squadron books dont show much (I dont have the in Action book though) though the restoration website does have some nice shots.