Working in a Pig Sty....

wunwinglow

What kit is that Beaver? Hobbycrap, or something else?

Its the VERY basic but very accurate (to the Mk I Beaver) "Cedar Creek" 1/24th Beaver they advertised in model magazines for ever, as well as being able to be purchased at DeHavilland Dreams as well.

My mods include all the changes for teh Mk II Beaver including vert elevator fins, new prop, exhaust, spinner windows Horner tips, ect, ect

its a nice kit that is very accurate to the Mk I, but very basic

Hey big Kev,

got them here:

http://www.metrodisp...se_uprights.asp

The Dash's are Skymarks 1:100 solid plastic.

Eric.

nice im starting to think im gona change profession and go into the display case manifacturing!! HOW can these things cost so much!!! its liek 4 pieces of glass with a top and bottom for 800$ thats like 700$ profit!

Just setting up my new room. Did my first paint session two nights ago throwing some matt clear on my Tamiya Mustang! let me tell yah, it's great to be building again, :yahoo:

Ron

Great you're settled and back to work. Nice space, looks perfect to build in. May I ask you what brand of magnifying lamp you use? Are you happy with it? Looks nice and heavy-duty.

Best Regards,

Damian

Ron

GMay I ask you what brand of magnifying lamp you use? Are you happy with it? Looks nice and heavy-duty.

Best Regards,

Damian

Thanks Damian,

I wish I knew, my wife bought it for me as a B-day gift and ordered it through our friend who is a Dentist. There are no name brands or anything that indicate a make other than a big sticker on the base the says "FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY" even the box was un-marked.

Ron, you should've used an airbrush.

Goes on alot smoother.

:whistle:

Naw, Airbrushes are for amateurs, a seasoned modeller can just throw the paint on, it's all in the wrist. :DodgeBall: :lol:

Just joking, it was nice to fire the airbrush up again after so long.

Mike, you are absolutely right, and know if the wife moves something like borrowing the X-Acto and putting it back LOL

Thanks Damian,

I wish I knew, my wife bought it for me as a B-day gift and ordered it through our friend who is a Dentist. There are no name brands or anything that indicate a make other than a big sticker on the base the says "FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY" even the box was un-marked.

And are you a professional? And a professional what? Are you breaking some law by using it? I certainly hope you don't get arrested! :)

This is as messy as my work bench ever gets, regardless of what I'm working on. There are three reasons for that. First, I'm a neat freak and can't stand things to be out of place. Second, my job in the Marine Corps required us to have a clean work bench to prevent FOD in the gear we repaired.....it was ingrained into our brain housing groups to work in a clean environment and it stuck. Third, I don't work on as many models as I'd like to and couldn't make a mess if I tried because of that! :D

DSCF8894.jpg

And are you a professional? And a professional what? Are you breaking some law by using it? I certainly hope you don't get arrested! :)

I am waiting for that knock on the door from men in Black Suits! :o

Harv, I am not sure I will be able to find out much. I could ask the wife to ask her Dentist friend and see if she knows? It's a very heavy light so if it breaks like yours, I am going to hear it and nothing below it will survive. All it says on the back is model 206 which I googled and got a BL-206 that is a beauty equipment lamp that looks nothing like this one.

Here are some pics if that is any help

P9100005.jpg

P9100001.jpg

P9100002.jpg

P9100003.jpg

P9100004.jpg