Working in a Pig Sty....

wunwinglow

Well this is how i try to keep mine ..

1/48 F-4E on the bench in that pic

I have to keep this clean has well for one it makes it easier to work but 2 the GF will breath down my neck if it gets too messy!

p1030141o.jpg

Also im the kind of guy that looses something i just set down .... so clean kinda helps ... dam ADD

Thats disgusting !!! Too clean.........Harv

We all have this situation because there are so many things that are involved and go into our builds. The adhesives, paints, tools, and the parts being worked from the same kit. Unavoidable really. I say if you are cleaning in between, feel good about that and let it get you to that happy point when you are tearing into the next one with a pile of things building up again. It is a normal part of the hobby. It means you are being creative and productive. I give myself a second tier of clutter by sliding out the keyboard tray to continue the work! Press on Brothers and keep sharing the creativity...

Yep, looks pretty much like my work bench (mine is even worse now, since I have been using my mini-lathe all weekend). In fact, I have so many kits and reference files stacked up in my model room, I can hardly get in it to do any modelling!).

Derek

Oh, I could trash that area in a heartbeat.

LOL trust me your not the only one :P i clean it minimum once a week has i say or i loose stuff

i keep all the part(that i cleaned /painted) in a small box. That 5 drawer unit (front left of pic) really helps to keep organized

Now my houseold workbech is a total mess and i never clean it :P

I guess I belong to the messy workbench group. My wife doesn't understand how my hobby space can be such a disaster when I'm constantly cleaning the rest of our place and complaining when it's not neat:

365412cb0b885dba2a46ae50812e5511.jpg

e83f79807be70f45f8d62240848b8e77.jpg

At least the paints are organized :P

I don't really know how I work in that organized chaos but I do. I don't often lose parts either. My Xacto on the other hand...

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

<Ssculptor said:

My problem is now I have to clear the mess in front of my workspace just to get to the workspace.

Oh well, I guess being naturally messy is a manly thing. Something about testosterone or whatever.

Besides, it bugs our neat and tidy wives and at times that is a plus.>

I typically have to clear a path to my desk so I can clear off my chair so that I can sit down and clear a 10" by 10" space off my desk so that I can work! Carl's pic is pretty darn close if you expand that to include the rest of the room!

I built myself a specific room for modeling with (what I thought) was everything I would need including enough space to work without having to brush aside a mountain of crap just to get a clear spot to work.............

That seemed to go out the window with a quickness -

DSC00657.jpg

Other side of my L shaped bench is just as bad -

DSC00658.jpg

Seems my filth level is directly related to how much space I have to mess up.

well what l said earlier about my wife not touching my work bench well that went out the door today. She home now from work as she is too pregnant to continue and she got bored so she cleaned my work bench. l am home and saw what she did. Now l am upset and fustrated as she broke the rule l tried to drill into her head. DO NOT TOUCH MY WORKBENCH!! Now l do not know where my current project is and what she has done.do not care about the desk or the rest of the house just do not touch my work bench. Now she mad at me oh well she will get over it but l think my reaction will keep her from doing it again. Now l have to put it all back the way it was and sort what where my stuff is

Love this thread!

I usually try to keep my workspace in a clean and orderly condition, but sometimes its touch and go! Here is one of the clean moments. The best thing I ever purchased was the roller cabinet as I was able to move everything that was on top of my desk into it. It also has the advantage of being movable and it has increased my bench space as I was able to move the 3D printer on to it and it is lockable to keep a very inquisitive 1 year old out of all the tools and chemicals.

IMAG0450-1.jpg

IMAG0451-1.jpg