Wing Nut Wings, do you think they would do it?

LSP_Ron

I have been thinking (ouch), It is a real shame that some very interesting twin engine subjects may now never see the light of day in 1/32 scale.

• New tool De Havilland Mosquito

• New tool Bristol Beaufighter

• Douglas A-20 Havoc

• Martin B-26 Marauder

• Northrop P-61 Black Widow

• Lockheed Hudson

• Douglas A-26 Invader

I really really wanted to see a Mossie MkVI and Beaufighter!

Then it occurred to me, that I know through my bud Dave J at Wing Nut Wings that they take on board ideas from customers from past Q&A/interviews/emails from staff, and that they have a customer wish list going on of things we would like to see.

So I send a note off to Dave requesting the proper e-mail address to send these ideas to. He came back with

help@wingnutwings.com

Sooooo folks, its widely known that WNW’s prefers to stick to the WW1 subjects but….. if enough of us send them a e-mail BEGGING them to make us a Mossie or a Beau perhaps they may listen to us? If they did, they would surely be fantastic kits! one can only hope!

So send in your e-mail folks! I discussed this idea with staff and we may even had LSP-Dan set up a wish list poll to tie to this idea.

Sorry, Dave, I a hope we plug Wing Nut Wings e-mail address :innocent:

Vote for the Mossie……. :ninja:

Ron

I like the sound of the wishlist poll ... also if WNW knew of a wish list derived from a sizeable, international, respected large scale modellers' forum with X many signatures and/or members it would have certainly carry weight and be very hard to ignore.

Beaufighter for me.

Grant

Edited by Obant

I suspect you might have more success contacting the likes of Revell Germany, Tamiya, Trumpeter etc. These types of aircraft are hundreds of miles from their stated interest in the World War 1 era. I can't think of one other plastic kit company that has a more clearly defined are of interest than WNW!!! And I understood they already had dozens of projects in the pipeline anyway....

So no harm in asking, but I wouldn't hold your breath! Alternatively, have a go at scratchbuilding your own. Go on, you know you want to.....

Tim

Yeah, as much as I would like to see some of those subjects in 32nd scale, I prefer WNW to stick with what they do best. If I were to suggest anything, it would be more Marine Corps aircraft from the WWI, 20/30's era.

I'll be more than happy to offer up a suggestion or two, and have already done so in the past. For the record, a Mosquito FB/VI, HAWKER TYPHOON (sorry,... keyboard malfunction :) ), and Fokker Dr.I would be awesome.

There are more than enough World War 1 planes they need to do first, as much as I'd like a new Beau or Mosquito.

How about a Hanriot guys? I'd love one of those. But first they have to release their D.VII!!!!!!

Matt :party0023:

I have all the WNW kits and have built a few....they are, simply put, astounding. I agree with Ron that it would be wonderful for WnW to do a Mossie and Beau. But, as they do WWI so well, I vote with the guys who hope WnW will stay a dedicated WWI outfit. (Of course, if they are going to go outside the WWI niche, I wish (uselessly) that they'd do the Schneider Cup racers.)

I also agree, wholeheartedly, with the guys who say give Revell a shout when it comes to these subjects....I bought all of them when they were first released (yes, I am that old.) As they've done them once, it would make the most sense for them to do the new tool releases. Maybe even as a 40th anniversary release of the first kits. They certainly are releasing a lot of wonderful new kits so, if there's to be a grass roots move to get them to listen, it would seem the effort should go to persuading Revell to be the ones to do it. If not them, then Tamiya...consdiering the P-51, Zeros, and Spitfires, why not?

Just my 3 cents.

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

I thought I read something in Finescale, or on HS, not 3 months ago that Revell USA was buying back Revell Germany.

For all our sakes, I hope not!

If im not mistaken (please correct me if im wrong here) I believe this has, already or will very soon come to pass