Hobbycraft Sea Fury Hawker Company demonstrator G-AKRY

airscale

Well done Peter!  awesome save.  I couldn't see anything wrong with the shape of the first one.  But now you have remade it, and it looks even better somehow :innocent:

Very inspiring build mate, thanks for the update coming so quick.

Cheers

Anthony

Peter, I admire your boucebackability. If I had been hit with the problems you had, I think I would still be blubbering in a darkened corner somewhere. Great new windshield! You have snatched victory from the jaws of adversity  :goodjob:

Cheers

Don

I also think that new windscreen is better than first one. We can't affraid off doing something once again. My current project is great lesson for me. Some parts were made two or three times and every time I made it better and faster. We can get experience in this case. Happy modeling.

Tomasz

thanks guys :)

..I have made and re-made many parts in this build, and spent ages experimenting before committing to something - so much so I sould probably have one and a half Sea Furies by now!

I think this time I was annoyed at my idiocy rather than anything else so it bothered me more than just getting something wrong..

..anyways - to close the canopy chapter so to speak, I have finished fitting it and fairing it in - it got some scratches on the way and a couple of small scars from misplaced CA but it is what it is - I am NOT doing it again! I tried creating similar damage on a test part (see what I mean about experiments!) and futuring it with a brush, but while it did improve the scratches, it killed the clarity a bit and actually was more distorted than if I leave it alone..

I may try Tamiya polishing compound if I can find any..

WIP957_zps62d6d55f.jpg

WIP956_zps46fd55fa.jpg

..there really is very little to do to before paint now, and after that, not too much to put all the sub assemblies together - I am holding off painting until after Telford so have a few weeks to tinker - I wonder if I should dip into the box of my next build... :whistle:

TTFN
Peter

For what it is worth, my master patterns do not always come out right first time around - I sometimes have to have two or three attempts at it to get it right...I often find that these 're-tries' turn out better than my first attempt, so well done Peter :goodjob:

Derek

thank you chaps :)

...so, 15 months after opening the kit box, today I gathered a rag-bag collection of sub-assemblies into what will pass as a sea Fury - it stood on it's wheels for the first time..

granted, it was a precarious affair with white tack holding everything in place (so alignment is not what it should be), but nonetheless it looks like an aeroplane

quite a moment for me - so I thought I would share it...

WIP965_zps12e12d7c.jpg

WIP959_zpsa5c7ea5b.jpg

WIP963_zpsd533cd44.jpg

WIP960_zps86249463.jpg

WIP958_zps2c35824e.jpg

WIP961_zps96a84fa7.jpg

WIP962_zpsac7f7347.jpg

WIP964_zps10c3a112.jpg

..now I just hope I don't balls it all up by painting it - if I could I would get Haggis (Jamie Haggo) to do it for me..

..see you at Telford

TTFN

Peter