After WNW,Z-M and Wingscale we've got..Exocticraft

Guest Ta152H1

Lou, I hope you don't think I am being negative. It sounds like it will be a super kit, I just want to be able to afford it, that's all :) I am just saying that it will be disappointing if this kit appears, is as wonderful as it sounds, but costs so much I can't afford to purchase it and enjoy the build of a finely engineered kit.

Cheers,

Doug

What I find interesting are the claims that this new company is pushing the technology of resin casting and PE to new levels. If true, that is exciting and maybe those advances will soon make their way into the industry as a whole. Then we will see new levels of detail in kits and aftermarket that will also be affordable as the economies of scale kick in.

As for the 410, I agree with most. It will probably be very expensive and well out of the purchasing range of most (including me).

Mark

What I find interesting are the claims that this new company is pushing the technology of resin casting and PE to new levels. If true, that is exciting and maybe those advances will soon make their way into the industry as a whole. Then we will see new levels of detail in kits and aftermarket that will also be affordable as the economies of scale kick in.

That's a very good point. In the car industry technical innovations by the manufacturers of "exotica" normally filter down to the mainstream industry so it could be good for us mere mortals.

Hey Lou,

Thanks for posting this information! At least its prompted some lively debate which is good.

If these guys want to produce an "uber" kit then fair play to them. We may not be able to afford it but we can at least admire the craftsmanship and drool over it!

What's the old saying, "Don't shoot the messenger!" :evil_laugh:

Not sure about the membership here not being the wealthy playboy type.

I've just finished polishing one of my Ferraris and I have to go and look after a couple of lingerie models that are waiting for me upstairs. :rolleyes:

(Then I'm gonna wake up!)

Phil :thumbsup:

Interesting news...and debate

Where Lou has a point is that the mental limits are not the same in the modelling world. We have been raised in the times of the pocket-money Revell, Airfix, Frog and Heller Cadet times, and even when we have become older, wiser (?) and a lot richer (compared to our-pocket money times :D ), we have grown with this price-reference set and cringe at anything more expensive than 100-140 USD, and wail when it reaches the USD 300 ceiling.

Yet I remember a good friend who had a collection of diecast cars in 1/43, and my upper limit in kits was his starting point in small cars. He could consider a three of four zeros in the price as "understandable". Ditto for the upper range of electric trains, where, yes, the PE and brass die-casts are simply mind-boggling to plastic-gluers like us and the prices purely stratosferic (and think that an resistance solder alone is costing between 500 to 1 000 Euros !).

So I can well envision this "no-limits" collectors' approach to making an "ultimate" kit. It's just going to be beyond the means of 99,9 % of people...but remember that thanks to Internet, anything can sell nowadays, and there are people who can afford anything as well. The Swiss watch industry is there to demonstrate my point everyday : boys and their expensive toys ....

Hubert.

PS: I'm just so surprised that no-one had noticed my zillionaire playboy looks.:coolio:..I would have thought they were so readily apparent in my avatar :crying:

All good points on this debate..........especially that NO ONE picked up on how much Hubert looks like Donald Trump! :lol: J K Hubert, I would never insult you like that!! :lol:

As for the scale, I would venture to think that Lou would not have posted anything about it here unless it was 32nd or larger. As to the kits "ultimate" status (or status period till pics come out of how close to prod it is) that remains to be seen.

This kit could be "ultimate", as in up to or beyond say Radu's beautiful Ar 234 or Fishers stunning new Cutlass say in the 200.00 - 300.00 US range............. OR it could be "ultimate" as in the plastic/resin equivalent of Mr. Parks F4U with untold / unattainable price ranges (not that Mr. Park is selling his F4U or P-51 mind you) -

ParkAC1.JPG

Either way, I have never really been that much into Luftwaffe subjects but there are a couple of exceptions including the Ar 234, Do335, Go 229, and the Me 410. A 32nd Me 410 would be radical and if I can afford one I will buy one FOR SURE.

We'll just have to wait and see.

In the mean time, I did find some cool pics on ARC

ARC Me 410 Walkaround

Brian

And if you gently blow on the pitot tube, the airspeed indicator in the cockpit moves-put a price on that! B)

I am fine with the level of detail and cost of Dragon's BF-110-Revell's Ju-88. Make a comparable 410, and I will have one on my shelf too.

Personally, I don't need all that Gyzmology. Neither do most on this website as the builds here are incredible as is. :punk:

Sceptical does not mean "negative". I would rather be a cautiously sceptical than enthusiastically gullible. :D I will believe this when I will see it. I just opened the recipe book at the page that says "humble pie" and the oven is heating up. Plate ready! Desert fork in hand! Lou, I will gladly eat humble pie if only 10% of what you listed is true.

I too would love to see a Me410 in 1/32, but something tells me that this is not it. Good try, but you overbid on this. If only you toned it down a tad... ;) I know, sometimes, I have dreams like that too! I sometimes dream that the Japanese company Yranigami just released a similarly-loaded IAR80.

If there are photos, please show us. You can blur the "sensitive" technology.

Radu

PS I predict a "cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances" just like the other fantastic projects dreamt by these brave men... :D

These guys cancelled their Ta152C because PCM announced theirs? That's brave! :blink:

Saying that I'm sharing Radu's feeling would be an understatement... :closedeyes:

There is a psychological aspect that is underestimated. Comparing luxury Die cast cars and model kits does not really makes sense for a stupid reason: the firsts are mainly purchased by collectors whereas the seconds are generally bought by modellers (or people who "think" they are modellers and believe they will build the kits one day...)! A die cast is a final product (assembled by somebody else), not a project ;-) The "project" aspect is the main drive behind the progressive purchase of accessories, aftermarket and reference books. This is also the "raison d'etre" of websites such as LSP. This put things into perspective: you will possibly spend between 300 and 500 bucks or even more for one single project made of a lot of "small" purchases. The "uber" 1000 USD box does not correspond to the same philosophy. Last but not least, who will dare assembling and painting this kit? A close friend was ending a terrific "Grey nurse" Tamiya MkIX when bad luck stroke: chemical reaction of the last flat coat... For most mere mortals, it does not make sense to spend thousands of euros or dollars for parts in a box with a nice printed image on the top to keep it in the closet...!

Nonetheless, I wish them good luck as I agree with others regarding one point: any initiative that may foster the improvement of kit modeling tooling is a long term godsend...

My 2 cents.

Well thats just perfect!!..what the he@# are we going to do with a kit like this?? no canopy to correct and vac form,no mastering a replacement resin cockpit,no re-shaping of fuselage or wings,

don't have to build flaps or gear doors.They're going to turn us into nothing more than kit assemblers. Oh thats just great man!! What are we gonna do now???

Edited by williamj

Well thats just perfect!!..what the he@# are we going to do with a kit like this?? no canopy to correct and vac form,no mastering a replacement resin cockpit,no re-shaping of fuselage or wings,

don't have to build flaps or gear doors.They're going to turn us into nothing more than kit assemblers. Oh thats just great man!! What are we gonna do now???

:rofl: now, that's exactly my thought about Tamiya Spitfire :D but I guess that's off topic...

Well... the Me410 project sounds interesting and it will be great if it happen: wait and see.

As far as my personnal taste are concerned, I rather like less complex kit so that gives me an opportunity to add the little extras I want cause this makes my own model different from the others and also cause what I like is to add the little extras by myself (I almost never use/buy AMS).

Just my 2 cts

Loic

Edited by Loic

I think a group of guys working cooperatively without financial constraints who are passionate about their own work standards are more likely to turn out a masterpiece than a company earning $$$. All will be revealed in the fullness of time no doubt. Good luck to them. :popcorn: will stay tuned.

Cheers Matty