After WNW,Z-M and Wingscale we've got..Exocticraft

Guest Ta152H1

2)State of the art multi-media DB 603A engines that can be disassembled like the originals showing their mechanicals ( gearbox,pistons,crankshaft etc).They will be released separately in the future with optional parts to be fitted on already existing kits using the DB engine family!

3)ALL panels and hatches are photo-etched and can be positioned opened with pre-assembled and in-scale stainless-steel piano hinges where required,showing the internal details such as gas tanks,radio equipment ancillaries,refueling points,ammo stowage,weapons,cables,links etc.

I am kinda with Radu on this one until we see some pictures. Please don't take offense Lou. When I hear claims like that shown above I also get skeptical.

I recall a company in the 80's that made car kits that were like this. I think it was Pocher (or something like that). They made kits where you had to spoke the wheels, springs in the seats, complete engine as mention about. These kits were well over $2000 each back then. If these kits are going to be produces with such features they are going to be very very expensive and very very fiddly.

Ron

Guest Ta152H1

WnW did not promise any of this "incredible" stuff. I was not sceptical. They showed us photos and I believed.

Radu

I can't see anything incredible here...if you do a Google search for 1/43 scale model cars you'll see some Italian models costing in excess of several thousands Euros which are,simply put, AMZINGLY UNBELIEVABLE...I can only vouch on Italian-made models because I never go to shows or expos outside Italy.Ditto for model trains entirely made of brass...some of them cost like a car...and painting them would be an offense...merely seeing how on earth a man can solder such a quantity of small brass parts without screwing up the whole thing looks like a miracle!

Please don't be offended Radu...I have seen your products and they're great,especially the wheel wells and the canopies for the bf109s,which I have successfully used on several models...I'm totally confident that you could do wonders...you've made a Ki-61 starting from scratch (well...so to speak!),a beautiful Arado before that and now you're about to produce a WW2 Rumanian aircraft but....have you got the means to do the things a bunch of guys who buy race boats, Ferraris and Lambos as if they were Nike shoes can do?Men in their 40s and 50 who have retired early to enjoy their hard-earned millions and who,just like the guys at WNW and at Wingscale have decided that "too much is not enough"?People who could do things "impossible" to other people?People who used to buy the car models made by Conti http://www.deluxeblog.it/post/5427/conti-models-modelli-in-scala-degni-dei-grandi-battilastre for their own collections without a glitch?And the less expensive of these cars costs 15000(fifteen-thousand) Euros!!

I've seen a few pictures and I'll agree that they're not enough,even if I could post them here,but rests assured that if they'll manage and put all the package together the way they intend to it will be amazing!

More about the impossible being possible if you can afford that:http://www.contimodels.com/buy.htm

Cheers

Lou

P.S.;Conti's not involved!

Edited by Ta152H1

I'm not sceptical that they'll appear, we seem to see more detailed and more expensive models appearing every month.

What I'm prety sure of though is that most of us will only be able to look on in wonder at the product. These will be very expensive (not saying they won't be worth the money though).

I imagine many will become investments, never to be assembled - bit like Pocher cars which seem to do the rounds on eBay etc...

They'll be worth seeing just to understand the advances in production methods. I suspect much of this will be more a case of hand made or formed components.

Look forward to seeing some piccies.

Matt

I'm not sceptical that they'll appear, we seem to see more detailed and more expensive models appearing every month.

What I'm prety sure of though is that most of us will only be able to look on in wonder at the product.

Yeah, that is what I meant by skeptical as well.

Cheers

Guest Ta152H1

I am kinda with Radu on this one until we see some pictures. Please don't take offense Lou. When I hear claims like that shown above I also get skeptical.

I recall a company in the 80's that made car kits that were like this. I think it was Pocher (or something like that). They made kits where you had to spoke the wheels, springs in the seats, complete engine as mention about. These kits were well over $2000 each back then. If these kits are going to be produces with such features they are going to be very very expensive and very very fiddly.

Ron

Hi Ron,

I'm not offended the least...why on Earth should I?I've only reported what I've read and the little that I've seen!The cars you're referring to were made by Pocher and were nothing when compared to what I've posted above!

Having seen the(few) pictures and read the email,and knowing (albeit not each and every one of them personally)the people involved I'm not sceptical...I'm only scared by the price tag when(and IF....that must be kept into consideration) this kit will be available...I'm afraid it will take a bit though!

To be honest I don't think I'll buy one of these because it would be only a sort of "investment" since I seriously doubt I'd ever have the guts to start such a kit without being 100% sure to make a worthy build out of it!I'm more interested into the conversion/detailing sets!

Further....let's not forget that the kit is at its embrionic stage (just like Wingscale's resin Fortress) and that things may change along the way...but I'm reasonably sure that these guys have the know-how necessary to bring the detailing to un-explored heights for a limited-production kit!

I'm afraid it will cost a arm and a leg...or perhaps less than we may expect because If I were the marketing rep I'd seriously consider a "cheaper" edition without the most fiddly bits!It could even be a flop,like the De Loreans or the Jaguar XJ220...but that's another sory!

In my humble opinion this kit is aimed to a very restricted "niche" of collectors,rather than to the "ordinary" modeler who actually "builds" kits (I've got at least twenty WIPs going on myself...in three different scales!),but the fact that the Exoticraft guys are striving to make things fit like a glove should suggest otherwise!Me...I'd never have the guts to tackle it knowing that it could become my 34th WIP!

Cheers

Lou

Edited by Ta152H1

Sounds like a great, and ambitious, effort. I would love a nice model of the 410, I just hope it is "affordable" enough to build, rather than sit in a box in a few collections unseen...

Cheers,

Doug

Guest Ta152H1

Sounds like a great, and ambitious, effort. I would love a nice model of the 410, I just hope it is "affordable" enough to build, rather than sit in a box in a few collections unseen...

Cheers,

Doug

VERY ambitious!I'm with you on the fact that I'd love to see at l

east one of these kit built!A few minutes ago I was thinking about the two specimens that will go to one forum and one modeling magazine...I'm 100% that they will be sent,reviewed and then carefully re-packaged and put in the editor's(site owner's/admin's) collection.

I wouldn't like to be in the EC crew's shoes because the more I read your replies the more I think that their effort will remain virtually unseen!I can imagine these kits sold like hot cakes to well-off modelers and collectors,only to be periodically inspected and put back again!

Lou

If these kits are going to be so expensive (500 euros +) that only a very few modelers can afford them, it sounds like a waste of a kit (from the manufacturers standpoint) to send review kits to a forum, and potentially the magazine (unless the manufacturer is sure that their target customers (who will buy the kit) actually read it). I may be wrong, but I don't think we have a lot or multi-millionaire playboys (as Lou as described the owners/partners of the company) reading this forum (this is also reinforced as Lou is posting on the owners behalf instead of them posting themselves) or any other the other mainstream modeling forums :)

Cheers,

Doug

Edited by DougN

we all are a bit uptight recently eh?

You guys should get some of what im smokin

Ads

Ok, sweet! :party0023: :lol: J/K

I too have always thought a 32nd 410 would be a great model...............especially if it compares or is up to the standards of Radus Ar 234 which i have and is an EXQUISITE model.

I have to agree with Dougie here, that there are not too many of the described "playboy lifestyle" type of people buying and actually assembling kits over that 400 - 500 mark.

Id would LOVE to have this kit when it comes out, and I just hope they would relax or leave out a few of those (to me) unnecessary details in order to keep the price under $300 US, which is just about my limit for any kit. Even that (AKA Fisher Cutless) will be a stretch to afford PERIOD.

Brian

Guest Ta152H1

If these kits are going to be so expensive (500 euros +) that only a very few modelers can afford them, it sounds like a waste of a kit (from the manufacturers standpoint) to send review kits to a forum, and potentially the magazine (unless the manufacturer is sure that their target customers (who will buy the kit) actually read it). I may be wrong, but I don't think we have a lot or multi-millionaire playboys (as Lou as described the owners/partners of the company) reading this forum (this is also reinforced as Lou is posting on the owners behalf instead of them posting themselves) or any other the other mainstream modeling forums :)

Cheers,

Doug

HiDoug,

Hi think I've lost something here!For starters I'm not posting on behalf of anybody;I've just had the (bad) idea to post about this kit (erroneously) thinking that it could have been an interesting thing.Further,the owners of this new-born firm are not multi-millionaire playboys but very rich people(exactly like the founders of WNW,just to name a firm which often recurs on this thread!)who love cars and planes models and who have decided to venture into the modeling industry,albeit with a niche product.

It's none of my (or our) business what these people will do with their kits...in fact they won't send samples to every forum or magazine as the mainstream companies do...they will send TWO kits to a certain forum and a certain magazine,both European and not English-speaking...that's the only thing I know for sure!

I've had a long chat with my club's secretary this evening and he has told me that the EC people couldn't care less about fora or magazines since the production of the kit will be a very limited one and they're quite sure that it will sell in a blinking of an eye;the styrene parts will consist of the wings and fuselage halves (and the second canopy),while the rest of the kit will be "home-made" by these guys...a bit like a group of friends gathering inside one of their kitchen to prepare a special dinner!

I've asked our secretary if he knows whether they've taken the time to read this thread or not and all I can say is that they won't read anything on any fora,including the one they'll send the semple kit to.They're only sure that will happen to them just about the same thing that has happened to HPH with their stunning Arado floatplane,i.e. as soon as they'll be ready Revell will announce their Hornisse....just like it's been posted on HS I may add!This is a joke though,for as I've just bought a HPH Arado after having purchased three Revell ones off eBay I'm sure that this kit will become a collectors' item,just like the Right Staff 1/48 kits and will be sold out soon after its release.The average Joe will build his Revell Hornisse (that will be absolutely superb!) and pamper this baby once in a while!

How much will this "investment" cost?One hundred thousand Euros?Two hundred thousand Euros?Share that between ten/twelve people who are much more than well-off and you'll see that it just will be a whim turned into reality.

You may be sceptical,you may believe it or not..I like to imagine these guys working like the Seven Dwarves(plus three to five more!)making masters,casting resin,forming etchings etc.Oh...yes..the etching won't be made "at home"...the parts will be made by a few people from Hungary with a revolutionary technique...so revolutionary that in fact it's the pr9overbial Columbus' egg....another reason why the piccies of the etched pre-production parts have been seen by a handful of people and sure won't be seen by others until the parts will be released,and even then they will have to be be thoroughly studied to discover what this Columbus' Egg consists in ;) !

Edited by Ta152H1

my guess is Italian...

F1 doesn't really exist in the US, and is most popular in Europe (though God knows i find it boring but that's another matter!)...Italian tanks...need for original email to be translated...hmmm...let me see....

obviously i will be way off, but that's my (semi-) educated guess!

so re-reading Lou's original post, and more importantly teh armour one, i take it that all the panels and hatches through which we will be seeing all this detail will pre-formed PE? that should allow some rather sharp detail i would think.

can't wait till we know more

now i'm off to get some interesting schemes for the 410!

wink.gif

thanks again for the news

N

Well, if it works out for them and they get the 1/32 Me-410 on the market I will be quite pleased. And I will have to find the money to buy one if the price is reasonable. It the price is 500 Euros, well, count me out. No matter what the price, I wish them fair winds to speed them on their venture.

I am heartened if they are indeed an Italian firm. I can see their putting out the Me-410 as a first venture as a new company has to start out with a sure fire money maker. We all know that noxie planes sell very well. Heck, noxie anything sells very well.

Perhaps it the Me-410 is a hit them maybe they will issue other Italian planes, like the SM.79, or the Fiat CR-42. We can only hope.

As to Radub being a bit skeptical, well that's OK too. Nobody knows what will happen until it actually happens. Look, even established companies make announcements and then fail on their face. Look at Craftworks. They have the pilot model of the Val but it never got into production as some of the partners fell out of the venture. Their intentions were true but, well, things happen.

Personally, being an optimist, I will happily await the Me.410. It it never appears, or I cannot afford it, well, so what? There are so many new models coming out that I am a happy camper whatever happens.

Stephen :)