Airfix GR3

cklooMY

Hello,

This is my first post at LSP and hope to get some feedback and criticism on this Airfix Harrier I completed a few months back.

Its generally upgraded with the Flightpath upgrade set with quite a lot of sweat and patience. I will be moving on to the Trumpeter AV-8B (Desert Storm ver) for a local group build on all things "Desert Storm" and hopefully it will prove easier than the Airfix kit.

Cheers

CK

p1100684.jpg

p1100685.jpg

p1100686.jpg

p1100687.jpg

p1100688.jpg

p1100696.jpg

dsc01617.jpg

dsc01620.jpg

I think it looks excellent. The faded effect of the paint seems to have been done with a touch of subtlety, just the way I like it. I do think that some more dull coat would have been appropriate to kill the glare I see in the photos. That’s not a criticism as such, just my opinion. Other than that, I like it. I can only hope mine turns out as nice if I ever do one.

Welcome aboard CK!

:post1:

I think your Harrier looks excellent! Perhaps a degree or two too shiny, but other than than, most impressive.

I've taken the liberty of moving your post here to Ready for Inspection where it more properly belongs, and I've expedited your moderation period so you can respond here now.

Kev

Very cool results CK! Also Welcome to the best model forum on the planet........:party0023: :hi: :post1:

The paint effort here is awesome........really great work. As Kev "squared" here indicated only very minor issue with maybe a bit too much shine, but the overall results are a REALLY cool looking model, and you should be proud. I think as they said a bit more dull coat next time would knock that shine down to a bit more realistic combat sheen.

:speak_cool: :clap2:

Well done!

Cheers,

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha

Really lovely build.

I did the FRS1 version of this kit with the Flightpath set a while back so I know what you went through!

Still have the scars (physical AND mental) to prove it!

Welcome aboard to LSP.

That's a pretty good way to announce your arrival.

Well Done.

Phil :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Folks,

Many thanks for the kind words and the comment on the glossiness. Will try to repair that with a few more swings of the airbrush. Incidentally, what flat coat would you guys recommend? I am partial to Humbrol acrylic matt.

Phil, did you post your FRS1 build somewhere in the forum? I still have the kit undone which I will go on to in the near future. Always good to see more builds.

..and to all celebrating, happy holidays!

Kev, forgot the thank you.

Edited by cklooMY