1/16 scale scratch built AT-38B Talon-The Smurf jet is back!

I just came across this build and all I can do is shake my head at your level of detailing and my pitiful model building compared to you.

What did you use for your instrument faces?'--decals?

Outstanding work! I would love to see this dressed up in the Thunderbirds scheme of the 70's!

Clear up right

Tim

Guest Uncle Fester

Brilliant!

Simply beyond the beyonds.

So, is a 1/16 A320 cockpit in the future?  Har har.  :mental:

I think everyone here would agree that when you submit this creation in the Nats someday, it will set the bar so high that it will forever be known as the "Pig" award. 

As a mere troglodyte, I will now go back and try to make clay horses with my thumbs.

Amazing work Pete. I remember you made a comment about labelling switches on IP and I can see how well they have dressed up yours. I will seriously have to look into how to do this in 1/32.

Anyway, great progress Sir!!

Hi Mike-

Thanks for the kind words! With regard to switch labeling in 32nd scale, I've had really good luck by simply using a tiny brush to add specks of white paint to simulate lettering around the knobs and switches. In 32nd scale I attempt to create only the illusion of switch position markings; knowing that it wont be readable in that scale- Here is a look at a 32nd scale viper cockpit I did a while ago..although the final painting is not complete in this photo, you can see that I've marked all of the various switch positions with this technique-

100_6019.jpg

100_6017.jpg

Fun fact: That cockpit was for this jet- The last F-16 I flew with the VTANG

100_6199.jpg

HTH

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

That IP is easily the best scratch job I've ever seen. I am still stumped as to how you got that attitude ball to look so real? Could you elaborate on that some? I know what you used to make it from, but how did you get it from a white ball to what it is now? Wow!

Tim