1/16 scale scratch built AT-38B Talon-The Smurf jet is back!

Hi gents-

Still my first love on the bench. Starting to get my mojo back for this one-

Life seems to be simplifying itself last few months-

All good. Time to focus. Build some stuff.

Cheers

Pete

Yeah Pete, quit flying real airplanes and get back down to our level of wannabees!   :P

Chuck

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone!

Hercules- Funny you should ask today of all days...After a very long break, the big AT-38 is back on the bench..Much thanks to Timmy! for gently prodding me. I've started tinkering with the gunsight, glareshield, and rudder pedals... pics up when there is something interesting to show, but yes I am back at it-

Cheers

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gents-

Proof of life. I've been busy sorting out the fitting of the front instrument panel and glareshield, as well as the windscreen. They are all somewhat interdependent, so much fiddling and head scratching while working on several things at once, which all should come together in a glorious burst of accomplishment or something..

Here is the forward section. This will get a gunsight, plus a lot of other stuff- 

IMG_6872_zpsfsybovvk.jpg

And then the windscreen..After I attached the bow, it flexed in slightly, so I had to install metal pins on the canopy rails that fit into holes at the corner of the windscreen- all of this to get it to fit properly. The grey goo on the bow is filler to fix a gap that will be sanded clean.

IMG_6873_zpsufo3tfbl.jpg

IMG_6874_zpsnqzc8ytj.jpg

More to follow! It's nice to be playing with this one again-

Cheers

Pete 

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

TWO DAYS.....TWO

Lots of reading as I just discovered this topic...this thread....this MASTERPIECE

I am learning so much from this build, the techniques, the tips you have and taking the time to answer all the questions about "How to"....

Master class sir, Master class

Very respectfully 

Dan