NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

Apparently the Infinity Models  name is still alive in one form or another. If you go to the Infinity Models website (link in a post above), you will see the Kate box art with both the HPH and Infinity logos.

Incidentally, from the same website, it would appear that HPH/ Infinity are presently taking orders for the Kate and the related detail sets. I have these on back order with Hannants in the UK, so I have not ordered them directly from HPH/ Infinity.

The name might be alive, but the venture into injection moulded 1/32 kits is not, which as I have said before is a shame.

But to repeat what they have done thus far with the Helldiver and then the volte face with the Kate would be just throwing money down the drain. The Helldiver was the wrong subject, and badly executed, which is not a great combination!
And by the time they get to subjects the 1/32 market has been asking for for a generation, they can’t recover from the hole they got into with the Helldiver, take the strangest decision ever re resin main parts and IM details (I mean…wtf?), and have to price it so high that I just can’t see anyone but a Kate devotee buying one.

The whole endeavour could be used as a text book ‘how (not) to…’ for other potential entrants. 
I know this sounds like I’m trashing them - I guess I am - but I can assure you I wanted them to succeed and am particularly interested in the Japanese subjects they did / might have done. I’m just sad about it all more than anything else.

• 3 weeks later...