Flawed Tamiya F4U-1A review on Hyper

Kagemusha

What purpose is served by reading someone else's review when YOU should rely on your own experience and the given for Tamiya's quality?

Because the kit isn't available yet?  An early review can provide good information for prospective buyers, that's why they do them.

Matt 

Better make sure this release sells well if you want a FAA kit. My guess is that the next issue will be a combination F4U-1D/FAA but that just a WAG. Probably next year about this time. In the mean time the clipped wings are already in the kit, or at least they were in the dash one, so you are well on the way for FAA version. Just need the decals and surely someone will come through for that soon.

Chuck

Better make sure this release sells well if you want a FAA kit. My guess is that the next issue will be a combination F4U-1D/FAA but that just a WAG. Probably next year about this time. In the mean time the clipped wings are already in the kit, or at least they were in the dash one, so you are well on the way for FAA version. Just need the decals and surely someone will come through for that soon.

Chuck

Just had a look at "Big H", there's certainly not much out there for any 1:32 FAA Corsair https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X32055 Even one of these is RNZAF.  Keep hoping.

I was of course just joking...  :tumble:  the box contents have been know for a couple of weeks now, there is a set of decals for FAA/RNZAF Corsairs coming from Fundekals, strong rumours of an FAA set from Barracuda, and I already have a set of custom FAA masks   :goodjob:

No, get it right,.. It's Dee- Kals. At least in Texas it is... I heard Deckles in Canada.. :rofl:

Gonna have to agree with Ernie on this one, from my NZ and DC experiences. Had some interesting disagreements with a former roommate in Canada about the pronunciation, but at least I knew he was pronouncing Toyota Celica incorrectly - it's not pronounced "si-lee-ka"!  :innocent: