Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

Yeah, Dragon need proof of purchase. Luckily I remembered where I'd got the kit I needed parts for online and found the receipt. Saying that it still took about 3 months of reminding them and pestering them for the part. That seems to be a common theme in getting replacement parts from them.

Hi Andy, the Falcon vac will not fit Andy - 1mm wider - I tried it every way at begining as I thought to just get Tore Martin to provide them for me in the conversion. I think it is much better for you to use a clear resin copy of the kit part. I can ask SBS here in Hungary to sort that out for you but obviously you are paying for the work, the silicone, the clear resin and the postage - an expensive answer

Edited by Pastor John

That section of the canopy is pretty straightforward shape (isn't it).

Could you not get hold of some clear plastic and put in the two bends so it sits on the existing framework?  That'd be my first course of action.

Matt

PS - nice progress.

So I've been in contact with Dragon after I found my recipt for my kit and it look's like I will be getting a replacement part. Not sure how long this will take so I found a D-3 boxing on ebay for around £80.00 so I am waiting for this to arrive to take the damaged part from for the time being to keep this build going. So looks like I will be building a second 110 when I get my part from Dragon!

Been taking a good look at pictures of the rear canopy from the Hendon machine as I want to build the internal frames as they will be very promenant on the finished build.

28(3).jpg

I have ordered some brass stock and attempt to make the internal frame to make things a little more 3D, well thats the plan  :hmmm:

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Smart move to do what you needed to do to keep the build going. You have a full head of steam and an interruption now would not be good. But, gee, Andy...another whole Bf-110 kit? And another whole conversion??? That's a shame! I mean, you're clearly not enjoying this one, at all. (LOL!!!) I want you to know I feel and identify with your pain. I recently blew the dust off a 98% finished 1/48 Mosquito NF, only to realize that I'd lost the extra antenna. This forced me to order another kit...you, know....to get the four teeny parts I could probably scratch in an hour.

But we do these things for love, don't we.....

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

Smart move to do what you needed to do to keep the build going. You have a full head of steam and an interruption now would not be good. But, gee, Andy...another whole Bf-110 kit? And another whole conversion??? That's a shame! I mean, you're clearly not enjoying this one, at all. (LOL!!!) I want you to know I feel and identify with your pain. I recently blew the dust off a 98% finished 1/48 Mosquito NF, only to realize that I'd lost the extra antenna. This forced me to order another kit...you, know....to get the four teeny parts I could probably scratch in an hour.

But we do these things for love, don't we.....

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

Didn't want to loose my momentum on this one Michael so orderering another 110 was the only real solution, gutted that I'm going to have to build another one of these terrible kits haha! OOB or an F conversion that is the question.........rocket launchers and some cool schemes to choose from!

Regards. Andy

When I need to do some "metalwork" Andy I always use lead foil, so much easier to work with than brass, and it's certainly what I'll be using on my Bf110s.

Max

Have a few idea's to try Max but not thought of lead foil though so thank you. No doubt you have seen it but there is a really great shot of the reaf canopy removed from the Hendon machine in the Squardon walkaround book and I want to have a go at trying to build the framework.......if its a no go then I will probably plume for your idea Max.

Regards. Andy

PS. Looking foward to your 110 build update once you have finished with her in the paintshop!

If replacing the canopy is a no go then I recommend adding a small square of "armor plate" that just covers the crack. A bit of inaccuracy will pass muster in a contest but one gets bad marks for unresolved issues... Amoungst other picky things.

Rick

Nice idea Rick and not thought of this, I wont go this route on this build after the effort I have put in so far on this one but maybe on my next 110 if I am really struggling to get a replacement!!

Regards. Andy

Regards. Andy

Pleased to get this part of the build out of the way which is namely the exhaust's, lots of clean up, lots of air bubbles to fill but nothing you would not expect when working with resin but non the less pleased to get this done.

20180322_204733.jpg

Sprayed a light coat of Mr Surfacer over them to add a little texture and just need to add the etched intake gaurds now. A quick test fit into an engine nacelle.

20180322_204614.jpg

Also added the kit inspection windows to the upper cowls, these need to be reversed and the glued in place so I added them so they were proud of the cowling and then sanded smooth and then polished up.

20180322_204232.jpg

Pretty close to completing each wing assembly now. 

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff