Supermarine Spitfire F Mk.22 | Revell ex Matchbox 1:32

Kendzior

Thanks, Tony :)

Slowly approaching the moment, when will be able to close the canopy and start painting. 

Have just to get the seat-belts done, for now I have made the fastening of the belts on the headrest and installed the seatback belts. The belts mounted to the seat cushion still under construction - must say that Eduard's seat belts are very well detailed, but need a lot of patience to get them done properly.

Managed also to make the second gear leg cover, both have been rivetted outside, still some more work inside to be done.

rOJ9DI.jpg

Best regards

Hubert

Thanks Mates :)

Kitbashing is not cheating, would probably be doing the same if I had any spares from other kits.

However, actually in my Spit I have used a cockpit floor from Revell's Mk.II, and the steering rod - for Mk.II I have purchased excellent resin set from Eduard.

Next thing was attaching the movable canopy. The fit is ... well, challenging, to say the least and stay polite.

Anyway, now masking, priming and painting, at last!

UchSJO.jpg

GJvwj3.jpg

cv5quT.jpg

zuB1b1.jpg

Best regards

Hubert

Thanks for your nice words, Mates :)

OK, so the canopy has been masked and sprayed with the interior color.

I also polished the surface a bit just to get rid of dust particles before I put the primer on and installed the outlets of the guns - really great detail.

zkc812.jpg

xsxKRE.jpg

MfxHTG.jpg

Best regards
Hubert

Hi, All :)

Spitfire has received some paint. Used Tamiya's RAF Medium Sea Grey, covered with Gunze's Gloss Clear from the can.

Everything is pretty solid and clear, but that's how it actually looked like. 

p3p5RL.jpg

Of course, some washes and post-shading will brake the color a bit, so that it is not so solid at the end of the day.

asQiOm.jpg

rPP60R.jpg

ZTGYQV.jpg

DXAg3k.jpg

svVapr.jpg

As you can see, I decided to open the air intake to the oil cooler. Looks much better now.

Next thing are the decals. I'm going to build SR60, therefore there's a chance to use the decals from the box or Montex masks, which will require some adjustments (for example making "R" out of "P" is very easy).

aMtd9v.jpg

Still wondering, what green was used to paint the Rhodesian national markings -  I have not found a word on this topic in the Web, except that this green was to refer to the national colors of Southern Rhodesia ... Pretty bright green, probably will pick-up something more or less appropriate, but maybe it had a name of its own and came from the RAF magazine? 

Yellow identical to the RAF color for roundels, I presume.

Best regards

Hubert