HPH Me410 (B2/U2/R3 variant) - Finished!

Wouter

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly steaming ahead. Remote gun controller is detailed and painted.

Here's a picture of the real deal:

ytEbsW5.jpg

And here's my version

ukFjJZu.jpg

Brn17gD.jpg

hq7AuNK.jpg

Then the work continued on the rear cockpit canopy. I added a bracing strut from styrene rod which should be there according to my reference. And I also glued the PE handgrips. After that I did some careful masking on the inside and sprayed some RLM66 on it. This is the result. Keep in mind that the outside hasn't been sprayed yet, so the sections where it looks like paint is missing will be resolved.

1UKLkXO.jpg

Fast forwarding: I attached the remote gun controller to the rear cockpit. The canopy can then be test fitted. Since you can't drop it one from above you have to slide it from the rear with a slight downward angle to the front. 

I think the result looks pretty convincing, but I'm curious at your opions!

BUeOEVX.jpg

CmzSN0C.jpg

9fslvos.jpg

LN91wjO.jpg

Hi folks,

After much internal debate i decided my next build would be the HPH Me410. I haven't seen one build here before so I'm on an expedition here! The HPH Me410 is a A1 variant. Although I could build that one, the Me410 had a large number of weapon configurations. One of the best known is the A1/U4 with the BK5 cannon. While an interesting subject I decided to go for another variant, the B2/U2/R3 (edit: checked my reference, this should be the right desgination instead of B2/U1). This means I have to build 2 MK103's in the internal bomb bay. I have not yet decide if I will build an open bomb bay or a closed one, but i think it will be the latter. Building a full resin kit is allready stretching my modelling. For the MK103's I will use ZM's MK103 set for their He219. I've not yet ordered it, but here's a picture.

Well, what do I have so far. Obviously the kit:

_DCS1386.jpg

This is one box full of resin! I won't do a review, Kevin made an excellent one here LSP review HPH Me410 and on Scaleplasticandrail is another one.

I really like that fine sail boat model on your window sill.  What do they call that type of boat? Is there a kit available in your country?

Stephen

Brilliant stuff, Wouter! It seems that every time I read a thread update from someone at the moment, it makes me want to pull that kit out of my stash and start it - and this one is no different!

Kev

Thanks Kevin, I know that feeling. Though if you start this one, you're in for the long run! i have to admit it's taking much longer then I expected but that also my own 'fault' as i I'm trying to replicate the smallest visible details. So I have to do a lot back an forth with the model and reference, which takes time. But I'm learning something new almost every day. 

Very nice,  almost looks like something out of Star Wars LOL.

Yeah it does, maybe you can find it on one of those models? The did a lot of kitbashing in the day to create those spacecraft if I recall.

I always thought that gun controller was such and odd contraption, but you've really hit it very well, Wouter. Not to mention that the rest of the cockpit looks just as good. GREAT work!

John

Thanks John, it's a lovely piece of engineering, but i wouldn't want to be that guy who has to calibrate it.

Incredible job !

I've never seen the rear seat before. The rear gunner must has had a special diploma to use the multiple gunsights with onnly one trigger. :)

Thanks! There are not that many pictures of the rear seat, but since I begun building I have acquired a pretty clear picture of what it is supposed to look like. About operating the remote controller: the gunner had to line his target up with the center gun reticle and when a rough alignment was made he had to switch to the left or right reticle (depending on the whereabouts of the attacking plane) for detail adjustments. As you can imagine this was pretty cumbersome and in the end the whole concept was not very effective. But a marvelous piece of engineering nonetheless. 

Looking great - that canopy looks *very* good so far!

Iain

Thanks Iain. Still a lot to do on the canopy, but that is part of me wanting to get all the details right.

Awesome work. I'm taking notes on the gun controller when I get back to mine.  Really like the top decking too for the canopy.

Matt  :frantic:

Thanks Matt, how's your build going? Take time for the canopy, lot's of test fitting!

I really like that fine sail boat model on your window sill.  What do they call that type of boat? Is there a kit available in your country?

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

It's the Jolie Brise. This boat still exists, she has her own website: http://www.joliebrise.com/. The model is a 1:50 scale from Artesania Latina and is still readily available on Amazon for example: http://www.amazon.com/ARTESANIA-LATINA-JOLIE-BRISE-22180/dp/B001CE9JPA

716TleId0BL._SL1368_.jpg

Cheers, Wouter

Hi Stephen,

It's the Jolie Brise. This boat still exists, she has her own website: http://www.joliebrise.com/. The model is a 1:50 scale from Artesania Latina and is still readily available on Amazon for example: http://www.amazon.com/ARTESANIA-LATINA-JOLIE-BRISE-22180/dp/B001CE9JPA

716TleId0BL._SL1368_.jpg

Cheers, Wouter

Thank you for the info. that is a really interesting sailing boat. I wish my sailing buddy was srill alive as I would love to get the kit and make it for him.

RIP, Jack

Stephen

Thanks Matt, how's your build going? Take time for the canopy, lot's of test fitting!

Mine is actually stalled again. During the repair process, the top canopy deck was destroyed, so I'm waiting on a replacement for that, and the rear canopy section. Mine was cracked in the bag.  But HpH is such a great company, that Mirek is sending parts to me. Hopefully will be here soon, but you never know with holiday mail.

Matt  :frantic: