Virginia Marie using Trumpeter P-38 Lightning

dmthamade

Hello all!! I took a bit of a break from models, ready to get back. I've had this kit for a while, never ready to tackle it. Didn't find a lot of pics, the few i found show a weathered aircraft. 

afW4f5.jpg

Not a lot of aftermarket going int the build, Decals are from Bombshell Decals.

C1Z5gI.jpg

Using props from the old Revell P-38 kit, and SAC(ugh) gear. Notorious tail sitter, with the weight needed the gear has to be strong.

vdrvkL.jpg

Master gun barrels and Finemolds belts.

Dhts2S.jpg

Lots of soft rivet and panel line detail, i think this is an early trumpeter kit. Will have to do something with that.

Don

I hear what you guys are saying about the brass gear, looked around for some but all sold. SAC i'm not crazy about, will keep looking but will probably end up with the SAC stuff. Not a lot of P-38s built here, hope it turns out. The last Lightning kit i built was the Aurora kit.....almost 50 yrs ago. 

Don

I hear what you guys are saying about the brass gear, looked around for some but all sold. SAC i'm not crazy about, will keep looking but will probably end up with the SAC stuff. Not a lot of P-38s built here, hope it turns out. The last Lightning kit i built was the Aurora kit.....almost 50 yrs ago.

Don

Actually, I'd recommend the kit parts over the SAC gear. I'm using them on mine.