Suggestion of 1:32 Sunderland and Halifax from HK Models

Tony T

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

But what's wrong with building and collecting unbuilt kits too? Surely most of us have an as-yet unbuilt "collection" in our heads?

I don’t recall saying that anything was wrong with collecting unbuilt kits, merely speculating. Each to their own, but I do get pissed off with the perennial wish list cropping up at every opportunity, and yes I do choose to not read those threads once I see the direction in which they are heading. 

41 minutes ago, mozart said:

I don’t recall saying that anything was wrong with collecting unbuilt kits, merely speculating. Each to their own, but I do get pissed off with the perennial wish list cropping up at every opportunity, and yes I do choose to not read those threads once I see the direction in which they are heading. 

I could not agree with you more Max. I to will not visit threads if I do not want to, BUT sometimes it is a thread I would like to follow and it does get boring and annoying when so many threads get dragged way off the original topic and worse when it becomes another wish list.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mozart said:

...I do get pissed off with the perennial wish list cropping up at every opportunity, and yes I do choose to not read those threads once I see the direction in which they are heading. 

The wish-lists are always a repeat set of subjects from most of us, including your Anson and my Su-15 included, so it's easy to tune it out like white noise or tinnitus. 

What I was hoping for was constructive speculation as to what Halifax and Sunderland marks these might be and whether a minimum change kit could offer two versions? Or a civil Sandringham or Halton? 

No one apparently has any more rumour data so it's best to maybe freeze the thread until it's picked-up (or not) by an official announcement.

Cheers

Tony 

Edited by Tony T

Noticed over on Britmodeller they have a permanent thread or policy about going off topic and not wishlisting.  Didn’t read it which I guess gives plausible deniability, but it was there, couldn’t miss it. 

Edited by Pup7309

9 hours ago, mozart said:

How many people do we have on this site I wonder who really are “modellers”, as opposed to “collectors”, dreamers” or whatever? There is a hard core who post WiPs and subsequently RFIs, but an awful lot who don’t. 

there would be more who post here if the site hosted images, which it doesn't

i can't be doing with the ball ache of using image hosting sites for WIPs i'm afraid

33 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

i can't be doing with the ball ache of using image hosting sites for WIPs i'm afraid

100% on the mark. My budget doesn't allow for paying for an image hosting site, assuming I am still competent to take the pictures. It's quite condenscending assuming that non image-posters do not build. 

Tony 

41 minutes ago, Tony T said:

It's quite condescending assuming that non image-posters do not build. 

Tony 

Who’s assuming that? :coolio::D

Edited by mozart

If anyone (HK included) were to do a Halifax… Which markings would be best to represent clandestine ops birds? I’m sure if a Halifax were released there are many here who would want a copy and no doubt ‘Friday the 13th’ markings would get an outing but I am intrigued as to what other airframes might be interesting.

Kind regards,

Paul

Edited by Archimedes

1 hour ago, nmayhew said:

That’s a shame Nick - your builds are well worth looking at - really nice work.

Kind regards,

Paul

2 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Totally agree, id post loads if it wasnt such a faff

2 hours ago, mozart said:

Who’s assuming that? :coolio::D

I believe that was your intention. You're a Muggist Max! (compute dyslexia and a word break).

The 18th April is the anniversary of the Doolittle Raid (82 years), Lucrezia Borgia’s birthday (544) -- and also that of “Mr Vark” F-111 Wizzo James E Rotramel (74), who has done a fantastic amount to get accurate Aardvark modelling resources achieved; just a shame he isn’t a 1:32 modeller. So, my wish list also includes a 1:32 General Dynamics F-111F.

As for the Sunderland, I’d like to model my biological paternal grand-father’s last flight in Sunderland Mk.III W4026 DQ-M from 228 Sqn. A tribute, not a morbid wish.

As for the Halifax, for me it has to be a late mark with Hercules engines, ‘rectangular’ fins and plexiglass nose, or a Halton with the luggage bay. Maybe 19 yr-old Navigator Patrick Burgess’s machine shot down by British coastal ack-ack after a bombing raid. No, sadly, he said not everyone got out. A splendid man who later became VP Rolls-Royce America, knew Lockheed Skunk Works Ben Rich and got to fly a NASA F-106B. A guiding hand for me at times. My adoptive Dad and he were both Navs on No. 511 Sqn Britannias at RAF Lyneham in the early 1960s. I’d be happy with the latter done in 1:72 by Airfix.

Per Ardua Ad Astra, or permezz tal-avversità tal-istilel as they might say in Malta,

Tony

17 minutes ago, Tony T said:

I believe that was your intention. You're a Muggist Max! (compute dyslexia and a word break).

The 18th April is the anniversary of the Doolittle Raid (82 years), Lucrezia Borgia’s birthday (544) -- and also that of “Mr Vark” F-111 Wizzo James E Rotramel (74), who has done a fantastic amount to get accurate Aardvark modelling resources achieved; just a shame he isn’t a 1:32 modeller. So, my wish list also includes a 1:32 General Dynamics F-111F.

As for the Sunderland, I’d like to model my biological paternal grand-father’s last flight in Sunderland Mk.III W4026 DQ-M from 228 Sqn. A tribute, not a morbid wish.

As for the Halifax, for me it has to be a late mark with Hercules engines, ‘rectangular’ fins and plexiglass nose, or a Halton with the luggage bay. Maybe 19 yr-old Navigator Patrick Burgess’s machine shot down by British coastal ack-ack after a bombing raid. No, sadly, he said not everyone got out. A splendid man who later became VP Rolls-Royce America, knew Lockheed Skunk Works Ben Rich and got to fly a NASA F-106B. A guiding hand for me at times. My adoptive Dad and he were both Navs on No. 511 Sqn Britannias at RAF Lyneham in the early 1960s. I’d be happy with the latter done in 1:72 by Airfix.

Per Ardua Ad Astra, or permezz tal-avversità tal-istilel as they might say in Malta,

Tony

I agree with everything you've said . "Muggist Max"? I ain't never heard that one before , ya learn something new everyday even at my age. I've been thinking about this for a few days and ,for me, I 'd be better off if the Halifax were in 48th scale[ the horror of it all].No, I will not entertain the Fonderie Miniatures wreck of a kit[ if you can even find one]. I'd rather be hung from my ankles and thrashed severely across the bum with a ripe nettle stock than deal with that[ did build their F11F however] , what a cat fight!

12 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I agree with everything you've said . "Muggist Max"? I ain't never heard that one before , ya learn something new everyday even at my age. I've been thinking about this for a few days and ,for me, I 'd be better off if the Halifax were in 48th scale[ the horror of it all].No, I will not entertain the Fonderie Miniatures wreck of a kit[ if you can even find one]. I'd rather be hung from my ankles and thrashed severely across the bum with a ripe nettle stock than deal with that[ did build their F11F however] , what a cat fight!

Not at all 1/48 is a great scale for a Sunderland and there isn’t currently a decent one available. 1/32 would allow a full interior pimp-out but good luck finding space with the Wings on.

Tony the mention of family connection to this aircraft makes sense of your desire for it - hope it does come out and your dream come true.

Edited by Pup7309