Thoughts on "Book Nooks"

I was poking around on eBay, searching for variations of 1/16 Models, 1/16 Tamiya, etc., when something caught my eye in a recommended ad thing.

It's a thing called a book nook.

webp

So, basically, it's a little Diorama you put in your bookshelf. My first thought was that it was kind of cool, so I looked to see if there were any that were actually interesting, with cars, tanks, or airplanes in them. No dice.

So, are they missing a whole market segment, or is this basically a doll house in disguise? I think it would be pretty necessary to have a Stalingrad diorama in a book-shaped box on your tank bookshelf. It seems like a Perfect way to display a tank on a street, that kind of thing. It's a little much in if your model is 1/16, but I bet you could do a pretty cool setup in 1/32 for a tank. Airplanes, not so much, but you for sure could do a 1/72 bird.  

Does this give you guys ideas or the rolly eyes?

I have the full shelf problem myself.  Any kind of city street with infantry or a tank would be cool. Another idea is to view a passage on a ship. You could do several decks, even showing the hold and ballast rocks on a sailing ship. One way you could fit a semi-large airplane would be a crash of some type, even an underwater one. 

Wife bought me one for Xmas, which was a good move as she knows not to try buying me models .

Looks fascinating in concept TBH . I saw a superb 'car in workshop' one on FB a while ago, but can't find the pic. Something like 1/72 but looked more 1/24 in detail .

When I build it anyone interested in seeing a log ? 

I think I found an idea.

Being a Battletech, Robotech, and Macross fan, I built all the rebranded Robotech kits as a kid. They are now being re-issued, and there are a bunch I want. Basically, all the ones they used in Battletech, plus a bunch of Macross/Robotech stuff, are now around, and I saw this.

https://www.hlj.com/1-100-scale-macross-armored-factory-ban977905

ban977905_1.jpg?v=.

I built this as a kid, when it was rebranded by Monogram as a Robotech model. It's one of the few released that looked anything like the show.  You could use this to make a perfect Macross/Robotech Nook!  Put in some LED lighting, could be cool. I'd totally move some books for it!