Italeri 1/32 MC.202

Tripehound

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

FYI Quickboost just announced a bunch of improvement sets for the 202!

Resin propeller, exhausts, engine air intake and Venturi tubes are coming soon! :) I know they are covered by exquisite 3D sets but the QB option will be far cheaper for European modellers.

BR

Thierry 

7 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Hi guys,

Resin propeller, exhausts, engine air intake and Venturi tubes are coming soon! :) I know they are covered by exquisite 3D sets but the QB option will be far cheaper for European modellers.

BR

Thierry 

That's good to hear! Are they going to do a replacement spinner by chance or is that part of the propeller?

58 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Hi guys,

BR

Thierry 

IMG-5025.jpg

On 1/13/2024 at 11:18 AM, Tripehound said:

Anybody heard if Italeri is going to release a 1/32 MC. 205 Veltro? The MC. 202 kit appears to be engineered for the conversion.

As others have said , they most probably will come out with a 205. I'd like to see that and a Fiat G.55 Centauro  AND a Reggiane RE.2005 Sagittaro.

5 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

As others have said , they most probably will come out with a 205. I'd like to see that and a Fiat G.55 Centauro  AND a Reggiane RE.2005 Sagittaro.

The Re2005 is not that probable as documentation is thin and there is no more existing airframe. So I doubt Italeri would or even could release one with a similar amount of details than the one they used for the Macchi.

Italeri have previously announced that they will be releasing the C-200 Saetta in 2024.  I'm guessing this will be late in the year and I think this is a better move than following the C-202 with a C-205.  They're too similar.  Maybe for  a C-205 for 2025??

C-200 release    This was also announced here on the What's New update of 21st January. 

If Italeri is going to do a C-205 properly, the kit should come with a more slender fuselage.  Mario Castoldi refined the fineness ratio of each update of the original C-200.  Quite a few C-202's were upgraded to C-205 spec, but still had the "fatter" C-202 fuselage.

I am looking forward to the C-200 release and will be buying (it's on backorder at Hannants), but I do hope that they continue to expand their range of Italian WW2 fighters such as the newer Fiats and Reggianne aircraft too. 

Cheers,

Michael