Kotare teaser - it's a Bf 109K!

mozart

12 minutes ago, vince14 said:

The most I have of a single kit is eight WNW Fokker D.VII's in the stash.

I bought a case of 25 1/72 F-14A snap together kits a few years ago. It was on clear out for around $30 if I recall. The plan was to use them as paint mules until my sons discovered them. I ended up letting them and their friends build most of the kits as fun projects. 

I've been away from the hobby for about a year or so, but I'm jumping back in now. One thing that's struck me is inflation has pushed up the prices of kits and AM quite noticeably, and this must surely have seen an increase in the value of people stash's? 

It's become more difficult to snare any bargains on EBay any more. If you were patient, it was possible to buy some pretty cheap kits (WNW, not so much) & AM, but I've noticed that prices tend to end up higher than before, as increased new prices have had a knock-on effect on the used market 

Anybody else noticed this, or am I - as is usual - just deluding myself that my stash is an appreciating investment?!

For instance, I got most of my 1/32 Roden WWI kits (which are bargains in my mind) for around the £25-£30 mark, but they seem to be going for substantially more on EBay these days. Revells cheap & cheerful 1/32 kits also seem to be selling for more. But WNW prices seem to have plateaued somewhat - still expensive, but not quite the silly money they went for following their demise as a company?

I'd be interested to know what people think? 

Kits are definitely getting more expensive, 1/48 jets are now typically AUD$150, 1/32 Kotare Spitfire AUD$200, GWH P-40C AUD$200+ and they want AUD$100 for an Arma Hurricane IIc (beautiful kit but jeez what are the kids going to eat). I also noticed that Quickboost stuff went up a lot the last time I looked at Hannants. Blame the usual suspects, Covid, war in Ukraine, Just stop oil etc. Lucky I have a pretty useful stash to keep me going for the foreseeable future.

TRF 

1 hour ago, DeanKB said:

I've been away from the hobby for about a year or so, but I'm jumping back in now. One thing that's struck me is inflation has pushed up the prices of kits and AM quite noticeably, and this must surely have seen an increase in the value of people stash's? 

It's become more difficult to snare any bargains on EBay any more. If you were patient, it was possible to buy some pretty cheap kits (WNW, not so much) & AM, but I've noticed that prices tend to end up higher than before, as increased new prices have had a knock-on effect on the used market 

Anybody else noticed this, or am I - as is usual - just deluding myself that my stash is an appreciating investment?!

For instance, I got most of my 1/32 Roden WWI kits (which are bargains in my mind) for around the £25-£30 mark, but they seem to be going for substantially more on EBay these days. Revells cheap & cheerful 1/32 kits also seem to be selling for more. But WNW prices seem to have plateaued somewhat - still expensive, but not quite the silly money they went for following their demise as a company?

I'd be interested to know what people think? 

Sounds about right from my observations. It’s all supply and demand with fluctuating FOMO thrown in. Apart from that everything is more expensive. 

Edited by Pup7309