A6M2 Type 21 Reisen/Zero Modeling Reference

That is a good reference pdf.  There are some things that could have been improved upon and some areas expanded but it's a good overall primer for the A6M2 Model 21. Note that this is the only version of the aircraft this is created for.  There are some things in here that will also apply to the A6M3 Models 32 and 22/22 ko but not a lot is applicable to the average A6M5 Model 52.

On 1/4/2024 at 4:40 PM, quang said:

Thanks Tom :clap2:Timely for the upcoming 1/35 Border kit :m0152:

I understand the Border Zero is somewhat lacking on the accuracy front (this comes from Zero experts, not me btw) so I wonder how “worth it” any effort will be?

13 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

I understand the Border Zero is somewhat lacking on the accuracy front (this comes from Zero experts, not me btw) so I wonder how “worth it” any effort will be?

Doubting Thomas in me says: wait until we touch the plastic. :P

2 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Are there any sprue test shots available yet?  I'd be one to look at it with a critical eye if they're available.  CAD images are second best but may or may not be representative of the final product.  Even though I'd never buy a 1/35 scale A6M (or any other fixed wing aircraft in that scale), I'd be interested in seeing what they've got.

Edited by Juggernut

3 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Are there any sprue test shots available yet?  I'd be one to look at it with a critical eye if they're available.  CAD images are second best but may or may not be representative of the final product.  Even though I'd never buy a 1/35 scale A6M (or any other fixed wing aircraft in that scale), I'd be interested in seeing what they've got.

just going by what Ed de Kiep (apologies if I am misspelling his name), Ronnie Olsthorn and a few others have said on a Facebook SIG…

14 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

just going by what Ed de Kiep (apologies if I am misspelling his name), Ronnie Olsthorn and a few others have said on a Facebook SIG…

What more do they know if they have access to the same CAD images that we are?
Is it so hard to wait until a kit is released and examined to exhibit one’s own pedantry to the unknowing world? 

59 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

Ok if looking at whether things are accurate is pedantry then LSP has changed somewhat

What I call pedantry is showing off one’s knowledge without anyone asking for it.
It’s the case when one gives an opinion over something still in its conceptual stage like 3D CAD drawings.

On 1/7/2024 at 6:03 PM, nmayhew said:

What's the FB page called? I'd like to check it out.