Unsung hero... DHC Beaver

While we are still waiting (for ages...) for the release of a 1/32 DHC Beaver, Guideline just released an excellent book in their Warpaint series. Some issues of that very large range of booklets are just passable but that one is a good one! Highly recommended and I hope that new reference will just give the required impetus to design a 1/32 model of that workhorse...

21 minutes ago, rafju said:

Not in 1/32 but 1/24, seen here sometimes, like this outstanding work

No no. The one I saw in SM was originally designed as a promotional gift. I recall having  a project to replace the kit basic engine with one of the (then) outstanding Williams Bros 1/32 Wasp junior renditions.
Never got the Beaver but I still have the Williams P&W.

and from what I can remember it was edited (Cedar Creek Trading Post models) as a promotional item, a snap together kit.

Canadian Mist DHC-2 Float Beaver, Sackfields Promotions Inc. 1 (1979) (scalemates.com)

It can be found at other nice build through the Web:

DHC-2 by George Mustafa (Cedar Creek Models1/24) (hyperscale.com)

1/24 scale DHC-2 Beaver build - Modelling Discussion - Large Scale Modeller

Edited by rafju
Scalemates link added

It's not super detailed, but the old Cedar Creek Beaver still looks the part from a distance.

I did this one many, many years ago. I did nothing for the interior, but did redo the engine, prop and riveted the entire thing, and did the exterior mods to turn it into a CHC II based in Canada. This included prop modification, exhaust mods, lower intake, strakes, added vertical finds for the tail, antenna mods as well as a heavily modded wing with the addition of drooped STOL tips:

DSC00837-XL.jpg

DSC01146-XL.jpg

DSC01150-XL.jpg

DSC01125-XL.jpg

DSC01128-XL.jpg

DSC01129-XL.jpg

DSC01131-XL.jpg

DSC01135-XL.jpg

DSC01147-XL.jpg

DSC00834-XL.jpg

It was a fun build, just nothing too fancy or super detailed, but still a bit beyond the average Cedar Creek Beaver.

1/32 would be a really nice size kit. I've got the 1/24 scale banana in a box here in the stash...had to put it in a box inside a closet because the bright yellow makes it hard to get to sleep at night.

I worked on and flew in (only as an apprentice) Beaver, serial number 01 back in the 70's before it headed off to a museum.

Built several of Hobbycraft Canada's (old now) 1/48 kits even converting one to the turbine version so, yes a 1/32 DHC-2 would be a fine addition to the build log

Another aircraft that had widespread military and civilian use and no kit in large scale. So many attractive markings schemes. Many of us have flown in one for various reasons, I had several flights while fighting forest fires in Northern Ontario many decades ago.

Another one to add to the, "Why isn't there a 1/32 kit of..." list. 

Richard