AMS resin now B&B Resin Design

steel_tiger

I just wanted to put this out there that if you are looking for any of the old AMS Resin stuff that Harold put out, it is now for sale as

B&B Resin Designs. If you remember the AMS stuff was top notch. I just ordered a few things from Tim and I couldn't be happier. 

Super nice person to deal with very quick to respond to inquiries, and the shipping was super fast, all around a pleasant experience.

He doesn't have a website but you can email him and he will get back to you. His catalog is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mm4jB1q3pwksECSnktIumYPct_wSkMMq/view?usp=sharing

He is also a member here at LSP as BiggTim. I have NO affiliation other than a satisfied customer.

6 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Yep, this is old news but it may help people like me who forget where the original thread is where Tim listed his stuff.

Yes, exactly why I posted it. I had to do a little searching to find it, that and I was a happy customer. So I figured a new post can't hurt with both names at the top.

Have no fear ordering from the big guy!

We had time to hang out at the Nationals a few years back, and currently Tim is giving me pointers and we are sharing info back and forth on 3D printing. 

Great guy with a top notch attitude and good will all around. Great for the hobby!

On 10/24/2023 at 10:34 AM, BiggTim said:

Thanks, guys! I am planning to update that catalog and add some new items as soon as I can actually get some time to sit down and do it. 

Tim

Tim,

Did you ever do an RT-33A nose conversion? If not, are you planning to do one?

I have your AMS Resin 1/32 RT-33 cockpit set (32085), but I don't think I am up to scratchbuilding  the whole new recce nose for it.

Larry

Unfortunately, I don't believe Harold ever made that, and I certainly haven't. I am not as well versed on the T-33 variants as he was, so I currently don't have any plans to make it. Sorry about that!

Tim

14 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

Tim,

Did you ever do an RT-33A nose conversion? If not, are you planning to do one?

I have your AMS Resin 1/32 RT-33 cockpit set (32085), but I don't think I am up to scratchbuilding  the whole new recce nose for it.

Larry

It was True Details who made the nose, here's a series of walkaround photos of the RT-33 in Lisbon, I think the conversion is oop, but they have a few copies in stock at Misterkit if you can't find one closer to home.

10 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

It was True Details who made the nose, here's a series of walkaround photos of the RT-33 in Lisbon, I think the conversion is oop, but they have a few copies in stock at Misterkit if you can't find one closer to home.

That's an RF-80A conversion, not an RT-33A conversion. Different shapes & window configuration, I think.

But I would be happy to be proved wrong.

Edited by ReccePhreak
More info

2 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

That's an RF-80A conversion, not an RT-33A conversion. Different shapes & window configuration, I think.

But I would be happy to be proved wrong.

I'd not noticed before, looks like it's a wee bit different at the front end, but it's the nearest we're going to get, and should be a simple exercise of re-shaping, the window layout looks the same.

Thanks all for the responses to my post. I ordered and received a True Details 1/32 RF-80 nose, and just got it. I will check all the photos I can find of RT-33As, so I can "adjust" the shape to look more correct.

I also bid on and won, a SiamScale 1/32 T/RT-33A decal sheet, so I can make my RT-33A in Royal Thai Air Force markings.(When I actually get around to it - LOL)

Larry