Maj. Yohei Hinoki's Ki-100 -- Finished

denders

Just read through your thread Dave, I’m full of admiration for your design and printing solution for the engine. I’d like to do that sort of thing but I fear it would get in the way of building time. Looking forward to the next thrilling episode! :D

Thank you, guys!

Max, it depends how you look at it. It's still modeling, just in a different medium. I started with the 3D modeling ~20 years ago to create digitally created artwork. Some of the reason was that it was modeling that I could take with me when I needed to travel. Now with 3D printers, I can create parts for my models. Or complete models like Dan and others do. I'm getting there too, but I've gotten to enjoy the time to build and paint right now.

I see your point of view Dave, I guess it’s like me and my Silhouette machine making masks and other small items, all part of the modelling process…..but of course you also know about mask cutting too!

So, onward, the fuselage seams are looking in pretty good shape. Now to check mounting the engine. I had planned on attaching the engine to the back of the exhaust pieces. So, measurements are necessary to ensure that the two exhaust pieces are the same distance to the front of the fuselage.

xkYzWP.jpg

The cross piece is to get a better measurement point for both sides. As you can see, I took the photo after the fact. :rolleyes:

bxNEfX.jpg

Now to work out the propeller mount. The hole that I had originally made in the propeller spinner isn't straight. :BANGHEAD2: I next need to work out getting the shaft straight.

2 hours ago, denders said:

Engine in place.

sy1rbt.jpg

Front of the cowling in place. As you can see, there is some contouring at the bottom to be adjusted.

MruarL.jpg

And not much is going to be visible in there.

jTmLJ7.jpg

It is just me or what, but the front of that plane looks so small around …. Or you just have gorilla paws …. :popcorn: