Airfix 1/24 scale Hawker Typhoon Mk.1B

The Hawker Aircraft Typhoon was single-seat, fighter-bomber designed against Air Ministry Specification F.18/37 which was eventually issued in March 1938.  A year earlier however (March 1937), Hawker Aircraft had pre-empted its issue by producing designs ahead of its eventual release.

Initial prototypes built to the specification were named Hawker Tornado and its story runs along very similar lines to that of the Typhoon. Affectionately known as the ‘Tiffie’, the Hawker Typhoon was intended as a high-speed, high-altitude interceptor-fighter to replace the Hawker Hurricane and the Vickers Supermarine Spitfire

The Hawker Typhoon however, was dimensionally designed larger than the Spitfire to accommodate newer power-plants and the type was evolved around the use of the powerful 'H-block' Napier Sabre 24-cylinder sleeve-valve engine and the 'X-block' Rolls-Royce Vulture engine.  Subsequent aircraft were often referred to as the 'N' and the 'R' after their relative engine manufacturer. 

This is the Airfix 1/24 scale Hawker Typhoon Mk.1B

The kit went together rather well, with only a minimal amount of filler being used.

This aircraft was sprayed with MRP paints, and no decals we're used , its all masks which I cut using tamyia masking sheets.

I need to say a big thank you to Steve@drycotetechnolagy, SMART-FX  I had originally purchased this base back in 2015, and Steve was on hand to help me set the base up and update the sound effects.

See the fully working engine below

https://youtu.be/YQ6VZrLwxck

g5zheMV.jpgp7kIsBz.jpgNkU1HRA.jpgPPikEtw.jpgxzeBg1P.jpg9eZIWQ4.jpgRt8Mnvs.jpgETrrCyH.jpgIpQ9BEm.jpgmMqRPj5.jpgiAaOOv2.jpgwkIubZp.jpgm3SERPI.jpghiB18Xt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 6:02 AM, miketippingmodels said:

The Hawker Aircraft Typhoon was single-seat, fighter-bomber designed against Air Ministry Specification F.18/37 which was eventually issued in March 1938.  A year earlier however (March 1937), Hawker Aircraft had pre-empted its issue by producing designs ahead of its eventual release.

Initial prototypes built to the specification were named Hawker Tornado and its story runs along very similar lines to that of the Typhoon. Affectionately known as the ‘Tiffie’, the Hawker Typhoon was intended as a high-speed, high-altitude interceptor-fighter to replace the Hawker Hurricane and the Vickers Supermarine Spitfire

The Hawker Typhoon however, was dimensionally designed larger than the Spitfire to accommodate newer power-plants and the type was evolved around the use of the powerful 'H-block' Napier Sabre 24-cylinder sleeve-valve engine and the 'X-block' Rolls-Royce Vulture engine.  Subsequent aircraft were often referred to as the 'N' and the 'R' after their relative engine manufacturer. 

This is the Airfix 1/24 scale Hawker Typhoon Mk.1B

The kit went together rather well, with only a minimal amount of filler being used.

This aircraft was sprayed with MRP paints, and no decals we're used , its all masks which I cut using tamyia masking sheets.

I need to say a big thank you to Steve@drycotetechnolagy, SMART-FX  I had originally purchased this base back in 2015, and Steve was on hand to help me set the base up and update the sound effects.

See the fully working engine below

https://youtu.be/

Very nice build!

I started on mine a couple of days ago and just gave up on it today, my model is terrible. I may put it all back in the box and run over it with my car.

but you did a beautiful job on it!