Hasegawa F-86F-40 "Blue Impulse" Finished

Ayovan

I'll join in with this. A bagged Hasegawa F-86F-40 I picked up dirt cheap. No box, no instructions, and no decals. I will add some Reskit wheels, and maybe some cockpit enhancements. Other than that I'll leave it pretty much stock.

xshtlW.jpg

My last effort was a NMF F-80. The NMF gave me a headache, so this time I want to go with something a little different. I do have a set of decals for this particular airplane, but I want to do it in paint for the most part. 

ro17gM.jpg

Edited by Ayovan

On 7/22/2023 at 9:26 PM, MikeMaben said:

Good score Andy, interesting scheme , have fun.

Thanks Mike. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then ^_^. I have a few of these, one being a Japanese release that came with a tow motor, engine stand, some metal parts, even a pair of tweezers. It has marking for this, and a  couple other JASDF aircraft.  The Blue Impule scheme is somethingI you don't see too often, the planes are very clean so no weathering required, and... it's not NMF :clap2:.

Edited by Ayovan

I did a little bashing on the seat. I used the Quick boost seat with MPM headrest and ejection rails, some Avionix footrests, and made a seat height adjustment lever. Then after checking the seat height, I decided to use the Avionix canopy rail/brace and the cockpit pressure regulator....I think I'm starting down a rabbit hole I didn't really want to get into here...But I do like the way the seat looks.  

DyrgXq.jpg

AZUo74.jpg

Edited by Ayovan

I knew this was going to happen...:doh: So, I didn't like the seat Hasegawa put in the kit and bashed something together that I found ok. When I started working on the rest of the pit...well it just didn't cut it. The detail is really lacking and almost cartoonish in some respects.  So out came the rest of the Avionix cockpit. A lot of dry fitting but it's starting to all fit together. It's for a -30, but as far as I can tell other than the IP and color, it's pretty much the same as a -40. I have a CMK -40 IP so it should be close enough (for me anyway).

gKJS0m.jpg

ByVV9S.jpg

Edited by Ayovan

3 hours ago, BradG said:

The resin certainly spices up the cockpit.

No comparison. I started one of these a couple years ago, and totally forgot how much I disliked the oem cockpit.

Edited by Ayovan

• 2 weeks later...