AMT 1.32 Tie Fighter Review and Build

Maxim61

1 hour ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Now, that's very good news, indeed!

Chris. 

FYI it's only a guess considering they are part of the 2023 Revell catalog starting at page 10 

https://catalog.revell.de/pdfviewer/revell-general-catalogue-2023/?auto_viewer=true#page=&zoom=auto&pagemode=none

and on their web site 

revell.de/en/products/licences/star-wars/

I got crazy exited when I saw Imperial Shuttle Tydirium  but then i saw Scale: 1:106  so I'm assuming its a rebox of their really old kit

I do have to say the Razor Crest is amazingly good, and really hard to get

Edited by Neo

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm new to this forum.  I used to work in US film and television industries, doing models for such pictures as The Fifth Element, Starship Troopers and APOLLO XIII, among others,  also Star Trek TNG and Voyager and some aerospace work.

I'm retired now but still build models as a hobby.  I'm posting here to put in my two cents on the new 1/32 TIE Fighter from AMT and clear up some questions I found here.

First, even though the box says AMT, the kit is in fact from a newly cut tool.  Round 2 has become owner of both AMT and MPC's molds, artwork and label and it's probably for nostalgia reasons that they're putting the kit out on the AMT label.  

Round 2's owners and engineers have put out some sheer masterworks of the kit engineer's art.  Their Starship Enterprise, of both the first Star Trek films and the original series versions, go together beautifully, with none of the fit and engine sag issues that plagued earlier kits. 

They have also embarked on a noble quest to revamp and improve the original Star Trek and Star Wars kits so many of us grew up with and may have been disappointed by.  I won't go into detail here about them but a visit to their website will tell you much more. -And no, I don't secretly work for them but I wouldn't mind doing so, if I had to come out of retirement.   I like what Round 2 is doing.

So anyway yes, the TIE Fighter.  It's a whole new kit in Round 2's Studio Series.  It's the classic standard TIE Fighter from the first Star Wars film.  It will stand 13 1/2 inches tall when built and is exquisitely detailed and accurate to the original effects miniatures.  It's the model we wanted 45 years ago.

Edited by Lous Cannon