Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1 Corsair

• 3 weeks later...

Hi gents,

Some progress with the office and the engine. Not much and there is still a lot of work to be done, but this is it for now until I get back from vacation.

I intentionally slightly overdid the seat hoping that when the seatbelts come it will all be visually balanced.

pVWvm5o.jpg

OS9XRw6.jpg

yMtLH5O.jpg

u2VsOqe.jpg

UZ3lXNx.jpg

UMscfY6.jpg

unYt4b8.jpg

yCKoWic.jpg

HPRryP3.jpg

I also decided not to scratch build the inside of the cowl flaps due to lack of enough free time. Thus I am going AM with this:

F35BJwj.jpg

Edited by Nikola Topalov

• 4 weeks later...

Cockpit almost done.

I f'd up some stencils and didn't use them in the end. This is my first time working with them so now know what to do next time. Lesson learned. :)

Left to do - some more dry brushing, chipping, scratches, seatbelts, etc. I might even do some wiring. I'll see.

Best,

Nikola

5ki0PEV.jpeg

QJBCuvJ.jpeg

Imyyhku.jpeg

2rJ5TG4.jpeg

Odnux91.jpeg

uJMGq7O.jpeg

vhFPYOv.jpeg

qQyIueJ.jpeg

Gzjq9RN.jpeg

NDAViKM.jpeg

CKZdUKV.jpeg

m7DWt0S.jpeg

SqG9aIH.jpeg

509W2kO.jpeg

On 12/29/2023 at 10:42 AM, Nikola Topalov said:

F35BJwj.jpg

Very nice cockpit Nicola, I'm interested so see how your Eduard engine cowls work out as the set I had was awful and did not fit so ended up using the kit parts which I'm much happier with.

Regards. Andy 

8 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Very nice cockpit Nicola, I'm interested so see how your Eduard engine cowls work out as the set I had was awful and did not fit so ended up using the kit parts which I'm much happier with.

Regards. Andy 

Hi Andy.

Thanks for the heads up. Appreciated. We'll see how it goes. 

Best,

Nikola

I'd be curious how spare pieces of HGW (if you have any), would look looping over the tube frame exactly where the current placement of the harness SHOULD go.  It might look like gravity took the 'float' of belt down before looping over.  Hope I described this well enough.

Keep it up N.

Tom in WV

On 2/6/2024 at 7:58 AM, Nikola Topalov said:

Seatbelts in place.

Only some idiot didn't read the text under the headrest which clearly says that the belts must go over the brace tube! :BANGHEAD2:

dpaFWYH.jpeg

U2wIAO5.jpeg

Wow.

It's a good thing i learned about this, before i did battle with the Tamiya Seat Belts...