Italeri Folgore… the sprues!

quang

Folks, I found these recent pics on the Italeri website.

IMG-2699.jpg

IMG-2702.jpg

IMG-2701.jpg

IMG-2700.jpg

IMG-2703.jpg

I agreed the pics could be of better resolution but it’s enough to whet one’s appetite and keep the wallet ready.

Looks like it’s only the late variant in this boxing. I keep looking for the telltale tropical filter but cannot find it (maybe, you would).
Also I’m not completely convinced about the flattened wheels. Well, let’s wait and see.

So, calling all experten, grab your red sharpie and get busy. We need some entertainment while waiting for the postman.

Cheers,

Quang

Edited by quang

Looks like a good effort to allow a lot of detail, but no way to tell if the parts can deliver on the promise from such low resolution pics.I am cautiously optimistic! Looking forward to seeing this up close, I love the airplane and we can only hope to see more soon.

25 minutes ago, paul fisher said:

It’s true that nothing beats having the plastic in hand. Nevertheless with these pics, we can see how the original lay-out of the kit and how we can manage to tweak and modify it. Then I say it again: NOT fond of these flat tyres. :BANGHEAD2:

5 minutes ago, Mark P said:

I believe the other Macchi thread here on LSP had narrowed this down to a late series aircraft.

Mark Proulx

Yes, based on the 3D renderings which were previously published. But now we have the material proof. 
Still for the poached egg lovers, backdating the kit to the series 3 shouldn’t be too difficult :P

2 hours ago, quang said:

Looks like it’s only the late variant in this boxing. I keep looking for the telltale tropical filter but cannot find it (maybe, you would).

Cheers,

Quang

There are both types of tailplanes. I think the tropical filter is on the sprue with the fuselage, far right, just above the top fuselage covers, in two parts, maybe a third is missing..?