Next From Laminar Flow Design: 1/32 P-51B Conversion

Dennis7423

12 hours ago, petrov27 said:

Any updates on progress with this conversion kit?

No new updates recently. Additionally, no new updates on being able to order the Spitfire set.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

12 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

No new updates recently. Additionally, no new updates on being able to order the Spitfire set.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Been checking his FB page daily.  Radio silent for a while now. 

Edited by John1

54 minutes ago, John Stambaugh said:

Yes I must say that the wait for the Spitfire Griffon is getting old.

I get the immense sense that the delay is well outside of his control. My guess is it has to do with the business, ordering, website, and tax side of things.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Bigg Tim mentioned the horrible Trumpy razorback P-51. I recall the canopy section was too wide, and of course the cockpit is too shallow on this one.  I wonder how this might fit on the Trumpy kit. The wing to fuselage section would already be done. Might simplify the conversion.

14 minutes ago, bobster said:

Bigg Tim mentioned the horrible Trumpy razorback P-51. I recall the canopy section was too wide, and of course the cockpit is too shallow on this one.  I wonder how this might fit on the Trumpy kit. The wing to fuselage section would already be done. Might simplify the conversion.

Forget it as among other issues the wing cross section is pure fantasy and the nose shapes are horrendous...

8 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Forget it as among other issues the wing cross section is pure fantasy and the nose shapes are horrendous...

Why is this no surprise, they butchered the Hellcat too . They could've knocked it out of the park 2 times and ,nothing, It's going ,going, going , and caught by the first base man! To be fair they do have some good ones[ A team no doubt].

Time for an update from our friend in Belgium!

"Mustang update. Nah the project had not been burried under another layer of Griffon cowling, and is going strong actually. In order to get decent inserts, what’s better start than a good render of the complete wing. I used profiles from factory drawings to get as close as possible. First extract is the front wing to fuse mating. The insert is then printed and test fitted. Some tuning is needed but having the panels at the relative same height is already a small victory in my book.

Second progress area, the cockpit. The A frame and the stuff around is beginning to fill the cockpit. I did the mechanical parts but the magnificent medic pouch you are seeing in the chitubox screenshot was done by my good friend Tony Argudo Modeller. With the quality of the fabric model, and it’s strategic position on top of the plate, I’m sure it will draw all the attention on finished models! Next on this area, the side structures and radio racks.

Cheers."

358095893_242915395302610_2131027722758530642_n

364032274_242915425302607_6944592600270433779_n

357835559_242915511969265_7293552997510137146_n

357803320_242915555302594_7033681872521271183_n

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Edited by Dennis7423

Am I correct that this conversion is for the Revell P-51D? Probably a good place to start , if it was mentioned already I apologize, old fart disease is kicking in . It does look good though understand I'm not a mustang person per'se. What  don't know about P-51s would fill a very large volume.