WNW Website is back!

vince14

5 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

It was a combination of reasons already mentioned. Covid was the excuse like with many businesses at the time to abruptly lay off employees and put a padlock on the gates

I'm sure the fact it was loss making made the decision easier.

I have always had a deep rooted distrust of computers and websites re longevity. That's why I printed out so many photo's from the site earlier. They are all stashed away safely in the relevent boxes. 

I am in two minds re the Lanc. ( got the Dr1! lol) I would love to own one, and have the space to display in the basement, simply because it is likely (at this time) to be the best injection molded kit ever. BUUUTTTT........ It is rather expensive and therefore difficult to justify. But then it will be a multi year project so hours-per-$$ costing???? probably pretty good. Etc, etc, etc. 

If I see it at a hobby show vendor, then it is in my bag! :rofl:

3 hours ago, DeanKB said:

I'm sure the fact it was loss making made the decision easier.

Yes that was one of the reasons. As mentioned the Lancaster and two wacky racers Gothas must have been huge money pits. If only they’d brought out a few more desirable WW1 types before imploding. Anyway as mentioned we have Kotare for some nice WW2 or other kits. CSM do some lovely stuff and Lukgraph are powering on if you don’t mind resin. Roden are admirably hanging in and adding to the list that WNW did not do. So there’s that. 

ps thanks for downloading site and generous offer :)

Edited by Pup7309

6 hours ago, DeanKB said:

I wrote a program that downloaded all the photos from WNW's website, so I've got them all stored in Google Drive if anybody is interested.

I am 100% interested Dean. 

Kind regards,

Paul

Edited by Archimedes

WNW had a good run for a small model business so I am grateful for that. I have most of their kits that I wanted so I am not complaining. Over the past 80 years of building models I have seen many model manufacturers come and go. I guess I shock easily though, because I was disappointed when in model railroading the Aristocraft model railroad company disapeared. The reason that they went was the owner had aged to the point that he no longer was comfortable running the company. With age comes health problems. In so many cases none of the children wanted to take over the firm and continue the work. Also I have seen many hobby stores go out of buainess in my lifetime.

I am especially shocked to see large firms disappear, like the Pontiac autombile company - I alwalys thought that car companies would be around forever. Naive me.  Life is constant change. :crying:

Edited by ssculptor
wasted too much space.

10 minutes ago, ssculptor said:

WNW had a good run for a small model business so I am grateful for that. I have most of their kits that I wanted so I am not complaining. Over the past 80 years of building models I have seen many model manufacturers come and go. I guess I shock easily though, because I was disappointed when in model railroading the Aristocraft model railroad company disapeared. The reason that they went was the owner had aged to the point that he no longer was comfortable running the company. With age comes health problems. In so many cases none of the children wanted to take over the firm and continue the work. Also I have seen many hobby stores go out of buainess in my lifetime.

I am especially shocked to see large firms disappear, like the Pontiac autombile company - I alwalys thought that car companies would be around forever. Naive me.  Life is constant change. :crying:

Pontiac Plymouth and mercury all gone in one year.

everything ends one way or another I guess…..someday the sun will supernova and none of this will matter