Zoukei Mura Fw-190 A-4

Jan_G

I just hope and pray that ZM re-issue this kit ASAP!!!    Surely the fact that the kit has just about sold out everywhere in the solar system should tell ZM that another run is more than justified.

Cheers,

Wayne

12 hours ago, Grissom said:

I just hope and pray that ZM re-issue this kit ASAP!!!    Surely the fact that the kit has just about sold out everywhere in the solar system should tell ZM that another run is more than justified.

Cheers,

Wayne

Well, I just checked Sprue Brothers and as of a few minutes ago ,they still have it in stock for $130 USD. Git 'em while da hot!

12 hours ago, Grissom said:

Cheers,

Wayne

I imagine it will be just like the Hartmann kit.  It will be re-issued without a figure and different decal options a year or so later.

People selling hobby kits and accessories in the USA to a world-wide market need to consider this:   The US used to be the world leader in mail order sales - you are no longer the world  leader!   Your country's postal charges are insane!!!   For example, I wanted I to buy a decal sheet for a kit I'm building:  Assuming the retailer has a good moral compass, how on earth can you justify a postage charge of US$32 to Australia?   It's a flat f#@king sheet that fits into a business envelope!! - Why $32 from the west coast?   I just bought the same decal sheet from Hannants in London and it cost me less in total than the US postage rate alone - something to consider for people wanting to buy accessories for their kits!!!   Just say'n...

1 hour ago, Grissom said:

People selling hobby kits and accessories in the USA to a world-wide market need to consider this:   The US used to be the world leader in mail order sales - you are no longer the world  leader!   Your country's postal charges are insane!!!   For example, I wanted I to buy a decal sheet for a kit I'm building:  Assuming the retailer has a good moral compass, how on earth can you justify a postage charge of US$32 to Australia?   It's a flat f#@king sheet that fits into a business envelope!! - Why $32 from the west coast?   I just bought the same decal sheet from Hannants in London and it cost me less in total than the US postage rate alone - something to consider for people wanting to buy accessories for their kits!!!   Just say'n...

And conversely, postal charges from Australia are "insane" when items are shipped here.  Not so sure that the problem is with US postal rates as much as it has to do with rates to and from Australia for items going to and from the USA.  I've noticed that the same problem doesn't seem to exist on items shipping to the US from other nations.

Edited by esarmstrong

1 hour ago, esarmstrong said:

And conversely, postal charges from Australia are "insane" when items are shipped here.  Not so sure that the problem is with US postal rates as much as it has to do with rates to and from Australia for items going to and from the USA.  I've noticed that the same problem doesn't seem to exist on items shipping to the US from other nations.

I’ve ordered stuff from BNA Model World and found their shipping rates to the U.S. quite reasonable.  Never ordered a large kit, but decals, resin sets, etc.  Nothing close to $32 in shipping.

4 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I’ve ordered stuff from BNA Model World and found their shipping rates to the U.S. quite reasonable.  Never ordered a large kit, but decals, resin sets, etc.  Nothing close to $32 in shipping.

That's been my experience also with BNA. Now I went to order some resin pieces from Canada and..... the resin was ~$12 USD , the shipping .....wait for it..... was going to be $47USD !! I didn't fly with that . I mean from Canada???  Why the shipping is so high from the U.S. I don't know [ but I can guess, I won't get into that]. Now with the bridge collapse in Baltimore , heaven only knows what that's going to do to the rates . Of course that will directly effect the surface rates from Europe but it will affect the overall scene ,including air freight rates, it's a ripple effect.  

7 hours ago, Grissom said:

Have you checked the shipping from Sprue Brothers in regards to the Z-M FW? I'd be interested to know what the damage would be shipping wise. I have to agree things are getting way out hand and not just with the U.S. either.

Yes, I saw this kit advertised for sale on the Sprue Brothers website and I thought about buying it.  Unfortunately, their cheapest postage option is US$93.45, bringing the total sale cost to US$248 (including the mandatory Australian Goods and Services Tax).