PCM Hurricane mini wip ... OK OK OK ...

MikeMaben

The gas patches were definitely non-standard in size and location Mike, so I am not surprised to see one on top of the fuselage near the fin.  Good modelling choice to put it there as that is an uncommon spot for it which adds to the uniqueness of the build IMHO.  Very nice work on the stencils as well my friend!

Ernest

On 2/23/2023 at 11:02 PM, Greif8 said:

The gas patches were definitely non-standard in size and location Mike, so I am not surprised to see one on top of the fuselage near the fin.  Good modelling choice to put it there as that is an uncommon spot for it which adds to the uniqueness of the build IMHO.  Very nice work on the stencils as well my friend!

Ernest

Thanks Ernest, the exhaust numbers are decals printed on my old Alps MD1000.

14 hours ago, Shoggz said:

Really nice Hurricane Mike - and you're doing it the hard way. No nice new Revell kit for you!

Thanks again Richard, I have the Revell kit on pre-order. You didn't think I'd pass that one by  ;)

• MikeMaben changed the title to PCM Hurricane mini wip ... rounding the final turn ...

... entering the stretch. Bottom side is done. Added some oil stains up front trying to match

the stains on the gear doors.

RR8bG9g.jpg

mVf2Quf.jpg

Got the belts on the seat ... they' RB's except the ends with the holes which are kit PE.

I don't see how anybody but a brain surgeon could get those rings placed on the holes.  :shrug:

wVr3caa.jpg

Seats and belts are in along with the gunsight (pictures later ?)

Working on scratching a mirror mount and mirror. Got the mount

finished once and pinged it into the twilight zone.  :BANGHEAD2:

Comin' round the bend , I CAN SEE THE FINISH LINE !!!

Later , or sooner ?

10 minutes ago, Greif8 said:

Looking good all around MIke!  The oil staining looks really nice.   The seatbelt looks the part as well.  Though you are not using one, I find Sutton Harnesses the most challenging to assemble of the HGW line.

Ernest

Thanks Ernest, in the pic they are just sitting , after they are in the cockpit I got them wet with soapy water and positioned them better.

Thanks to all you guys for checkin' in.