1/32 Messerschmitt Bf 110 D and E from Hobby 2000 (DML-rebox)

barkhorn

4 hours ago, dennismcc said:

Knew I shouldn't read this thread, I was checking up on my Kotare Spitfire on Hannants website when I accidently ordered a 110E, I always liked the desert colours.

Cheers

Dennis

I'm still resisting, but I'm out of strength

On 12/17/2022 at 6:28 PM, LSP_Ron said:

I built the Dragon one, great kit, horrible instructions but anyone that has built a few kits will be able to figure it all out.

That's the story of every Dragon armor kit ever built!  Worst instructions in the industry, and on top of it, almost always wrong in places with typos, deletions, the whole 9 yards.  It's like an extra challenge to building the kit--can you figure out the instructions?

Otherwise great company that could have done great things to the 1/32 airplane scene had they pursued it.

I just heard recently they are in really bad financial shape and likely to go out of business.

I don't know anything about that.

On 3/23/2023 at 2:30 AM, dennismcc said:

And this arrived today, it will make a nice distraction build and will be built OOB as I know next to nothing about the subject I will not stress over it's accuracy or lack of it.

2ytxOs.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

As mentioned earlier it's not that the kit has accuracy issues it's trying to fight your way through the instructions that's the problem.

TRF

• 9 months later...

I'm interested to hear of peoples' experiences of the characteristics of the plastic used to produce the kits from each of the manufacturers. I found the dragon kit is made from plastic with a consistency hard enough to highlight the sharp and also easy to work with, not being so soft preventing the inadvertent removal of too much material.

In contrast my experience with other Revel kits is the plastic is softer, producing softer details and being easier to accidentally remove too much material.

No experience of hobby 2K.

5 hours ago, CraigC said:

I'm interested to hear of peoples' experiences of the characteristics of the plastic used to produce the kits from each of the manufacturers. I found the dragon kit is made from plastic with a consistency hard enough to highlight the sharp and also easy to work with, not being so soft preventing the inadvertent removal of too much material.

In contrast my experience with other Revel kits is the plastic is softer, producing softer details and being easier to accidentally remove too much material.

No experience of hobby 2K.

Hobby2k is simply re-boxing Dragon-produced sprues with new decals, instructions and boxes. So, you will get the same plastic sprues going out of the same machines.

Yes the sprues are the same as it's the same tooling. The plastic that is being injected into the tools is not necessarily the same as whoever is producing the parts may use a different source of raw plastic with different characteristics. Thats what my question is about. Only someone who has handled the different kits could or is involved in the plastics industry would have this specific  knowledge.

On 3/23/2023 at 11:54 PM, fastterry said:

As mentioned earlier it's not that the kit has accuracy issues it's trying to fight your way through the instructions that's the problem.

TRF

No worries.  Hyperscale has a correction sheet and there are kit builds on that site and one or two on this site. 

1 hour ago, Rick Griewski said:

The plastic used for the repopped Bf-109E kits are the same look and feel as the original Dragon kits.  I bet that the sprues for the one was made at the same company that made the Dragon kit. 

Exactly! The same people are producing the same plastic sprues out of the same injection machines. So I do not get how the plastic could be different... Other components are different but not the plastic sprues.