New 1/32 Spitfire XIVe conversion on the way

Sage the Owl

29 minutes ago, Shoggz said:

Well, the 2nd is here..

Showing 'Out of stock'. Is that because they haven't gone live yet, or that they've all sold out already!?

Looks like the site is having 'issues'.
It doesn't recognise my password & its not sending out reset emails.

I managed to get 2, which is a group order. It's rather fortuitous that I will be overseas in a few days on vacation, so I was able to ship to a U.K. address for considerably less postage than overseas, otherwise I simply wouldn't have ordered at all. I will, of course, still have to deal with customs and duty upon my return, unless the agents are feeling rather generous!

Was able to place my order as well. Switched to the untracked shipping to save some serious cheddar. Imagine it will take forever to get here, but with the instructions posted online, I can easily get started if I choose to. Maybe it will arrive before Christmas!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

27 minutes ago, Thunnus said:

I ordered my set as well.  Did not see a Paypal option so I used a credit card instead.  I also chose the cheaper shipping option.  On FB, he says that untracked shipping got delivered to Canada in 8 days without issue so maybe we won't have to wait until Christmas! 

Paypal option was not there as it has been deactivated for now. He posted this info on his FB page.

Edited by TBC

10 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Jeez, just managed to order a couple, the ultra-secure system at my bank gave me the impression I had input the wrong information, now I can look forward to a silver XIVe similar to;

03_fs.jpg

and an FR.18e

f1280a57037251e8a3cf07c2b0823e61--world-

Incidentally, if anyone wants the aircraft-specific decals for either of the two examples below, just send me a pm...

s704314100658416967_p165_i21_w640.png

Just a small nit pick. When Airfix released their excellent 1/48 Mk XIV there was quite a few people who said we can build a Mk XVIII from that. Then they released a boxing purporting to be a Mk XVIII with the same plastic. Well if you want to built a totally accurate XVIII the wing has different panel lines as it was a tidied up E wing with no provision or compartments for the outer 0.303 machine guns. Lots of discussion and photos of the XVIII E wing in an article on Britmodeller. I do like the XVIIIs shown above, ah decisions, decisions.

TRF

Whoops I just noticed that the profiles are Mk XIVs but in my defense the heading photo showing TP381 & TZ233 are Mk XVIIIs

Edited by fastterry