Tigger Models F-111

LSP_Kevin

John Wilkes (Tigger Models) has posted an update on Facebook regarding his 1/32 F-111 kit:

One step closer to release these are the patterns for the F-111 in 1/32. I have a couple of other parts yet to make and will hopefully be getting those made this week. Some sanding of the excess resin is also needed at this stage. Price is likely to be around £67.00 and postage at cost on top to anywhere in the world. For scale there is a 6 inch ruler between the fuselage patterns.

314353943_604755788113606_27266991115589

As far as I can tell, this is actually a resin kit, rather than John's usual vac stuff, but I've asked for clarification.

Kev

38 minutes ago, Dandiego said:

I think that he said he was converting wooden forms into resin. And then using the resin parts as masters to then vacform parts.

Or...I could be wrong. Time will tell.

Dan

I think you might be right, Dan. And for the price, vac seems much more likely than resin, for sure.

Kev

Chad from Flying S models has been working on the main gear and wheels. He has been working on this specifically to be used with the Tigger model. Visit his Facebook page for more details. He is working on more than this, check out his site.

BWt9DrG.jpg

I would think that the Reskit cockpit capsule, when it comes out, will be the best option for the cockpit. If it doesn't fit, make it fit. Either modify Tiggers kit or modify Reskits capsule. Can't wait for all of these parts/kits to come together. Exhaust nozzles will follow shortly I am sure. If they don't then I will use my meager skills to create some.

Dan

Wow, it's impressive to see parts being printed for a vac kit before it's even released.  One thing to keep in mind is that these parts won't be a drop-in fit, for instance in the case of main landing gear you still have to cut out the wheel wells and fabricate the internal parts.  Also, everybody will do this in a slightly different geometry.  It's going to be fun to watch this unfold.  I might even join in the fun myself, once I get my mojo back.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:24 AM, Royboy said:

Wood forms would not take the heat and punishment of the vac process so yes they are used to make resin ones for the production process.

I received two Combat Models vac kits over the years with wood splinters  stuck to the inside of the parts.  Probably explains the pits and dips in the plastic in other kits I purchased.  The tooling was very old.