1/32nd A-20G coming from HK Models

tomprobert

2 hours ago, Rowen said:

Is that a different turret/gun than comes with the kit? Not that familiar with this plane but will be getting one for sure. The Russian markings look cool.

-Ro

It's a Soviet turret,there were other local mods to the noses as well (there were 4 20mm cannons in the nose as well and ventral guns,firing through modified bomb doors) ,look at the mentioned site

4 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

The RAF option is no doubt the bottom example on their 1/72 sheet

image.thumb.jpeg.71ed697fa1342aab8876e3f3b2a726eb.jpeg

The problem with DK are the multiple options on one sheet, too many leftovers

Kits world approach is better-one or two options

51 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Their A-20 sheet has just the three options.

I have received the set yesterday Andy and there are only 2 options for RAAF included (DU-P & DU-R), so that was wrong initial info on their website

Edited by Jan_G

1 hour ago, SimonCornes said:

Do we know that HKM are doing a Boston III ? As I only want one I’m inclined to wait until one becomes available. I must admit that the A-20G is a very attractive prospect though!!

From what we've been told so far, it's the A-20G, J and K only ... (Boston IV with the glazed front end).

When this was first announced without sprue shots, I suggested that if they'd made the dorsal section of the model in a modular format, we very well might see some of the earlier variants further down the track. Of course it isn't and HKM have advised that they're not looking to provide the earlier variants at this stage.

However ... If the demand seems to be there later on and they have a change of mind, it IS possible that they could insert a 'plug' in the moulds to eliminate that section of upper fuselage from being cast (the turreted dorsal section of the fuselage was wider to accommodate the turret for the G - in fact, on the real deal you can see where the different plating is shaped to the bulged area where the turret is fitted) simply remove this area and plug the gap with fuselage panels following the normal contours along with the gadgetry and glazing!

Of course, 2 entirely new sprues would need to be designed ... one in clear for any glazed nose variant they wished to represent as well as the rear canopy glazing ... and one sprue section to fill the plug, fill out the rear observers area, add any changed internals for a glazed nose, plus add any earlier solid nosed armament configurations.

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

Hannants have added the kit to their future releases - £240 (£216 if you put it on backorder). That's probably slightly more than I'd be willing to pay given my limited (and getting smaller) budget - I'll keep working through the stash and enjoy hearing about your builds. 

21 minutes ago, npb748r said:

Hannants have added the kit to their future releases - £240 (£216 if you put it on backorder). That's probably slightly more than I'd be willing to pay given my limited (and getting smaller) budget - I'll keep working through the stash and enjoy hearing about your builds. 

You might consider contacting Mike Jolly at MJR via Facebook? I have mentioned to him that I would 'sort of' like one of these kits but wasn't too fond of paying £240-250 for one and he suggested that he would probably do the kit for a bit less than Hannants and he is post free for all orders over £60. I appreciate that you might not 'do' Facebook so the alternatives are to wait to see if it becomes available second hand or try importing from China via that seller who somehow seems not to be bothered by UK HMRC?

5 hours ago, Artful69 said:

From what we've been told so far, it's the A-20G, J and K only ... (Boston IV with the glazed front end).

When this was first announced without sprue shots, I suggested that if they'd made the dorsal section of the model in a modular format, we very well might see some of the earlier variants further down the track. Of course it isn't and HKM have advised that they're not looking to provide the earlier variants at this stage.

However ... If the demand seems to be there later on and they have a change of mind, it IS possible that they could insert a 'plug' in the moulds to eliminate that section of upper fuselage from being cast (the turreted dorsal section of the fuselage was wider to accommodate the turret for the G - in fact, on the real deal you can see where the different plating is shaped to the bulged area where the turret is fitted) simply remove this area and plug the gap with fuselage panels following the normal contours along with the gadgetry and glazing!

Of course, 2 entirely new sprues would need to be designed ... one in clear for any glazed nose variant they wished to represent as well as the rear canopy glazing ... and one sprue section to fill the plug, fill out the rear observers area, add any changed internals for a glazed nose, plus add any earlier solid nosed armament configurations.

Rog :)

A Boston IV might do but maybe someone will produce a conversion for the III ? Do you have any idea how far away a Boston IV might be?

Simon