Starwars ATST Shadowbox diorama "Pest Control" * FINISHED*

RadBaron

Im subscribed already to Boylei HT and have been meaning to try out the filament lighting myself after being inspired by his video with the storm trooper. With the filament itself,  is it flexible or rigid? If its flexible, how to you create the rigid line of the beam? Where did you run the wires out of for the second beam (the furthest from the ATST)?

Edited by The Madhatter

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2022 at 7:28 AM, The Madhatter said:

Im subscribed already to Boylei HT and have been meaning to try out the filament lighting myself after being inspired by his video with the storm trooper. With the filament itself,  is it flexible or rigid? If its flexible, how to you create the rigid line of the beam? Where did you run the wires out of for the second beam (the furthest from the ATST)?

The filaments are rigid, they seem to be led elements in a resin rod, so if you WANTED to portray a curved light, you can snap them and position as you like.

To wire the light in the ground, I drilled a hole through the base and ran the wires under the ground to the battery box. 

Home straight, I've got the rodents in place.

20221004_212049

oento clean the glass and come up with a forrest backdrop to finish it off!

N

Love it!!!

I have to agree on Boylei HT. He's got a funny/cool sense of humor too, and unlike a lot of hobby/craft/dio vids I watch, his voice doesnt sound like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Well done on this one, I've grown quite fond of this type of work now after making my wife a little sculpture.

On 10/10/2022 at 3:12 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Love it!!!

I have to agree on Boylei HT. He's got a funny/cool sense of humor too, and unlike a lot of hobby/craft/dio vids I watch, his voice doesnt sound like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Well done on this one, I've grown quite fond of this type of work now after making my wife a little sculpture.

Thanks mate, I've evnjoy this style of build too, total freedom of imagination, and a whole bunch of new techniques that we'd not normally use on pure aircraft builds!

Yours turned out fantastic, have you got some ideas for the the next one? :D

1 minute ago, RadBaron said:

Yours turned out fantastic, have you got some ideas for the the next one? :D

Not even remotely done with this one! :lol:  Ive still got a ton to do including pouring resin, which Ive not done in this large of a capacity yet.   

Im still hoping I can make the deadline of the wifes B-day on 11/1!

3 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Not even remotely done with this one! :lol:  Ive still got a ton to do including pouring resin, which Ive not done in this large of a capacity yet.   

Im still hoping I can make the deadline of the wifes B-day on 11/1!

I should have said is turning out fantastic :D

I feel your concern about resin pouring, I'm sure you've been watching all the YouTube videos too!

• RadBaron changed the title to Starwars ATST Shadowbox diorama "Pest Control"

I found a suitable picture for the background, had it printed and trialed the fit. 

I want the background to wrap around the sides of the box so ill have the picture printed again, and chop it up for the sides. 

Here's a quick mock up, excuse my potato-cam pic :D

20221116_223044

• RadBaron changed the title to Starwars ATST Shadowbox diorama "Pest Control" * FINISHED*

Some snow days here in Texas, means a few days spent at home, giving the perfect chance to wrap this up :lol:

I printed extra background pics to wrap around the sides of the box, and painted them all with Tamiya matt clear to cut down the reflections. 

Stencils for the title, teddys and switch labels were made using Silhouette cameo, a clean up and called it complete! @eoyguythanks for the drawings :lol:

20230202_120131 20230202_120140 20230202_132920 20230202_120422 20230202_120435 20230202_120426 20230202_120219 20230202_120233 20230202_120322

It's a completely self contained box, the idea is that now it can be hung up on a wall, like any other shadow box. 

This proved to be a great fun build and I'd heartily recommend anyone with an interest to give it a go!

Cheers, 

Denzil 

Edited by RadBaron