Quinta decals for wood propeller blades

thierry laurent

Hi guys,

It looks an easy and cheap solution is coming from them for people who do not like painting them and do not want to use expensive aftermarket real wood propellers! The product is not perfect but already looks quite impressive. One thing they could improve is giving the company marking separate to allow some blade weathering. Nonetheless this is already well done. 

Bravo! :clap2:

6 hours ago, quang said:

Sometimes it helps to learn how to sculpt props from wood. It would add something to your modelling skills instead of lighten your wallet.;)

I tried three different DIY methods: sculpting wood, sanding thin wood or paper sheets glued together. Satisfying but this takes ages to say the least...:mental:

Now all we need is the inevitable WnW repops by company X and the long-time needed ACME automatic rigging machine.

Any news on who X might be, if anyone?  I'm very interested in the Albatros and Pfalz but not at current prices.

Tony 

3 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Specific to an aircraft type.  I was hoping they were just wood with no manufacture logo.  They do look rather nice I must agree Thierry.  

More likely to engine type (and resultant diameter) and propeller make (and resultant shape).

A one size fits all is probably quite difficult to make realistically as all manufacturers had different shapes, as well as different diameters depending on what aircraft they were fitted. (e.g. the Heine propeller for a 160-200hp Daimler-Mercedes D.III/D.IIIa.D.IIIau had pretty much the same shape as a Heine for a rotary Oberursel, and for a 260hp Daimler-Mercedes D.IV but much different diameters)

2 hours ago, Tony T said:

Now all we need is the inevitable WnW repops by company X and the long-time needed ACME automatic rigging machine.

Any news on who X might be, if anyone?  I'm very interested in the Albatros and Pfalz but not at current prices.

Tony 

I’m kicking myself for not buying the Pfalz III when I had the chance. Regarding those decals, they look nice but I’m curious how well they look along the edges where the 2 decals join together.  

7 hours ago, Tony T said:

Tony 

Aside from the Dr.I and Lancaster (both of which were under development but not released by WNW) there is no news on the remaining moulds. As WNW simply closed and didn’t go bankrupt, it’s down to Peter Jackson to decide what happens to them.