1/32 JA37 Viggen (Jetmads)

Zola25

4 hours ago, Violator1991 said:

That looks magnificent! I wish I had the patience to paint all this lovely scheme. I know I don't, which is why I will go with the gray one.

I know what you mean.. But once I got going it was a lot of fun actually

Looking forward to see your grey version

6 hours ago, Violator1991 said:

That looks magnificent! I wish I had the patience to paint all this lovely scheme. I know I don't, which is why I will go with the gray one.

I have a  extensive 1/48tb scale build here if you want inspiration :)

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/279927-ja37di-viggen/&tab=comments#comment-2663587

A small Christmas update  - She is up on her own three legs now! - It is not a tailsitter and the landing gear feels very sturdy and can easily take the weight of the model.

I have the armament almost completed as well - I chose to swap them all out for the excellent Eduard Brassin sets. The included weaponry is perhaps the biggest letdown of this kit.

Still have a fair few smaller things to complete before I can call this done - don´t know why but I always seem to drag my feet at this point in my builds... 

/Niels

Lag1o4.jpgjYuMrR.jpgZSIGBQ.jpgzr6O3m.jpg

Such a beauty! Fantastic build and paint. That will easily steal any model show!!

Also, thanks for the info about the landing gear. They really look strong in the box and I know this has been discussed before about Jetmads claiming to put it under successful tests but it is comforting to know that it is really the case with a built model and they perform as announced.

47 minutes ago, IvanVasili said:

Such a beauty! Fantastic build and paint. That will easily steal any model show!!

Also, thanks for the info about the landing gear. They really look strong in the box and I know this has been discussed before about Jetmads claiming to put it under successful tests but it is comforting to know that it is really the case with a built model and they perform as announced.

They are quite a bit stronger than I had feared but the fit is also very good to be honest. It is soo tight that you have to sand off any paint that has found its way onto the parts where they join up.

I would take Jetmads´ warning about avoiding lateral movements seriously though. They feel strong but 3D printed parts are really brittle and they will snap 

47 minutes ago, AnthonyWan said:

That looks fantastic. 

Cannot wait to see it all finished up... 

Others might have asked, but I've been seeing comments about a front-rear fuselage mismatch. Did you have such issues? 

-Anthony 

Yes I also had issues with that joint. The middle fuselage section was pretty warped.

I left out the inserts as they did not support the other part due to the warping anyway - but I found that the middle section could be forced into shape by applying some pressure to it so I glued the top half of the joint first and let that dry thoroughly. I then came back and glued the lower part while forcing it into shape with my thumbs. I kept holding it in place for about a minute to make sure the glue was dry. The lower part of the joint will mostly be covered by the Gun-Pack so you will not loose any detail when you sand it clean afterwards.

/Niels

Btw....I have to point out that the belly air brakes were bolted shut on JA! Apparently they didn't do anything useful anyways... Jetmads ought to have known that.

All other versions had deployable airbrakes  both on the sides of the fuselage and the belly. :D