Airborne!

Pete Fleischmann

1 minute ago, O.W said:

I  think your post is misplaced in this topic, I,m hoping you did not make the film with all the misplaced laughter and comments.....

Clearly you have never served in the infantry.   No - I was not there when three crappy HUMVEEs morted in.  Had I been there though, I would have been laughing just as hysterically.  Uncle Sam has deep pockets, he'll buy us more. 

17 minutes ago, John1 said:

Clearly you have never served in the infantry.   No - I was not there when three crappy HUMVEEs morted in.  Had I been there though, I would have been laughing just as hysterically.  Uncle Sam has deep pockets, he'll buy us more. 

It has notthing to do with the infantery, crapy HUMVEEs or deep pockets....... a proud father is posting a video with his son in it, and you post a similar video showing what could go wrong. In my onpinion thats misplaced.

For your info.. I,m in active duty with the army for 20 years now.

2 hours ago, O.W said:

I  think your post is misplaced in this topic, I,m hoping you did not make the film with all the misplaced laughter and comments.....

Could this be split out into another thread? It's funny, it doesn't belong alongside Pete's pride in his son

Richard

7 hours ago, O.W said:

It has notthing to do with the infantery, crapy HUMVEEs or deep pockets....... a proud father is posting a video with his son in it, and you post a similar video showing what could go wrong. In my onpinion thats misplaced.

For your info.. I,m in active duty with the army for 20 years now.

Thank you for your service.   I meant no offence to Pete or his son, and I do see your point.   Pete - say the word and I'll delete the post.  Also - was this in jump school or is your son already in an airborne unit?

Edited by John1

1 hour ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

He’s already at the 82nd.

All good here guys! Military humor is pretty dark :coolio:

I'm glad there are a few who "get" military humor.   I posted that video on another site a while back and was slammed by many because they felt it was completely disrespectful and unprofessional that those soldiers were laughing at the humvees burning in.    I would have paid good money to be at that DZ and see that for myself, many LOL's would have been had.   On the other hand, my wife came by when I was watching that video when it first came out to see what I was laughing about.   She watched, told me there was something wrong with me and walked out of the room shaking her head. 

On a side note, a rigger in the 173rd went to jail over that stunt.   SMH...

Safe travels (and landings) to your son.   

Edited by John1