JetMads 1/32 FH-1 Phantom

frank83

11 hours ago, Chek said:

Never gonna happen, but I'd like to see Jetmads put the care and attention to detail they put into their Viggen into a Phantom II.

When I saw "Phantom" on my phone's screen my heart missed a beat as I thought that was a Phantom II. I had suggested a 1/32 Spey Phantom last year and they had replied they were thinking about it. So I don't see why not! ...though no further sign until now. Maybe too busy already. But 1/32 FH-1 Phantom is an eccentric release in itself, I'm wondering how the design looks. They say it is coming this Friday! I am thinking of buying one and maybe two if the kit's wings fold. 

15 hours ago, Royboy said:

Hopefully they'll work their way up to the Grumman Panther/Cougar too as well now the FMP kits are gone. 

+1

Panther and Cougar would be great, especially the recce version of the Cougar!

1 hour ago, Violator1991 said:

When I saw "Phantom" on my phone's screen my heart missed a beat as I thought that was a Phantom II. I had suggested a 1/32 Spey Phantom last year and they had replied they were thinking about it. So I don't see why not! ...though no further sign until now. Maybe too busy already. But 1/32 FH-1 Phantom is an eccentric release in itself, I'm wondering how the design looks. They say it is coming this Friday! I am thinking of buying one and maybe two if the kit's wings fold. 

Spey Phantom :o:o:punk:

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Surprised they have chosen the Phantom rather than the Banshee...? :hmmm:

I will make a wild guess here: What if they bring all the McDonnell line starting from the FH-1, then the FH-2 Banshee, then the FH-3 and the F-101 Voodoo and finally a Phantom II ?

Yes, I am day dreaming :rolleyes: I know but only the FH-1 of that line is showcased on their website and neither the Viggen nor the Draken is there, so I can always guess they may have some hidden ones under their belt. Fingers crossed!

15 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Surprised they have chosen the Phantom rather than the Banshee...? :hmmm:

Agreed. Similar aircraft, but the Banshee actually saw fleet and combat service in Korea. No to mention Canada's only carrier based jet fighter. I always liked the look of the Banshee. Odd choice IMO.

Waste of plastic?? Well, views are different for sure... and thankfully so!

Much as I'd like to see a Banshee, there's no denying I am very pleased to welcome a FH-1. What better chance to add to one's collection of 1/32 models? Less than one in a billion that we will ever see another one, let alone in plastic, so this is really a must have for me. On the other hand if the Banshee, Panther, Cougar etc follow, I would be double happy.

10 hours ago, Steve C said:

Really surprised.  The Phantom is practically Luft 46.  They made 62 of them in total.  What a complete waste of plastic.

It is however significant historically, and the most numerous of the earliest US Navy Jet Fighters (both the FJ-1 and F6U had only 33 examples built). It wasn't until the second batch of early designs started entering service (F9F, FJ-2, FH-2, F3D) started entering service that production started to be in real numbers.

The FH-1 was the first US Carrier fighter to see operational squadron use and was flown by two demo teams during its brief period of frontline service (the Grey Angels and Flying leathernecks both flew the FH-1)

I don't know if I would say "waste of plastic" (or resin) because it seems some out there like this, but its going to be a waste on me for sure. I'm definitely going to have to take a hard pass on this one. Not my bag in the least, but I wish them luck with it.......

Just don't get too esoteric with the releases gents, I don't want to see JetMads go the way of WnW. I'm not saying their release schedule had anything to do with it, its just that when a company starts putting out releases that are less and less popular, with less and less examples seen IRL, things seem to start going the wrong direction. I do not want that to happen to JetMads, and I'm not saying this release will do that,  I'm just looking at recent times. I also realize JetMads is esoteric a bit to begin with, as they only have to fill 500 of each apparently to make the figures work out. Either way, if this one is a success, then hopefully they can get to what seems like MUCH more popular subjects like the Draken.