mozart

I've been pondering the fit problem with the Lukgraph engine, and I think (hope :D) I've found the difficulty and solution!  The start of the Eureka-moment was having a second look at the ICM engine which I was slightly surprised to find was no wider than the Lukgraph one and, when I glued the exhausts in place, I saw that they were quite a bit "shorter" than the Lukgraph ones. I glued the lower section of the nose in place and offered up the ICM engine; no problem, but with the Lukgraph one I saw immediately that the front exhaust pipe fouled the front edge of the cut-out:

MwN0xY.jpg

So the simple solution is to trim each of the exhausts.......:hmmm:  Hope it works.

:thumbsup:

It’s fine :D thank goodness, but I’m also going to thin the plastic of that lower section, it’s far too thick for an exposed edge. 

Edited by mozart

13 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Looking good Max, anyone building an ICM Tiger will definitely be coming back to this thread.

9 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Great insights Max! Nice work on the engine and (hopefully) solving the interference issue.

Like Brian said - I'll be coming back to this thread when I build an ICM Tiger.

Kind regards,

Paul

There will also be another solution for those wishing to use the information in Max's thread to better their own builds.

:coolio:

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since an update, but that's not to say I've been sitting twiddling my fingers and thumbs!  The engine mounting and alignment has given me quite a bit of grief, then when I thought I'd cracked it, the exhausts didn't sit properly so the whole lot has been in and out a few times!  Then of course there are the Eduard engine covers, very pretty but the devil to fit.....the straightforward ICM plastic ones are definitely the easier option.  I still don't know exactly how I'm going to fit the open one but I think the flimsy stay may prove to be quite important.  Anyway, pics to date:

ueiln4.jpg

RSG288.jpg

17 minutes ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Looks fantastic!

The fabric effect, under a coat of silver paint, is perfectly convincing.

Alain

Thanks Alain. It’s actually silver foil not paint, I’m very happy with the finish though. 

26 minutes ago, Alain Gadbois said:

I like the foil on the engine cowls a lot, but I’m certain you just painted the wings silver? Unless I’ve missed something…

Alain

Ah the wings! :D  Yes, painted of course…..sorry! :blush: