NA Vigilante........

Jack

I can't recall this being asked in the past on this forum, but is there or has there ever been a vacform North American Vigilante produced by anyone?

HTH

Jack

1 hour ago, MARU5137 said:

Jack ... not what you want but hey there are smaller non cac kits.

:rolleyes:

"north american a-5 vigilante" - Scale Modeling Search https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?q="north+american+a-5+vigilante"

nope, i'm sorry Maru,but the only scale i'm interested in concerning the vigilante is this 1/32 scale version, mainly because in the past i was trying to get this thing going in  "scratchbuild" motion, but just could not get into it......

I’ve been down the scratchbuild road with a Viggie in 1/32 as well.  Even ad some decent line drawings blown up to 1/32.  Sucker would be big but grand.  After market F-4 engine faces and exhausts would work just fine as will existing wheels and such that are pretty close.  Seems like somebody on here already started one?  I’d planned to go the same route as Pete with his monster T-38: bulkheads glued to a profile of the airplane then sheeted to get the shape.  Lots of cross section drawings and other data out there for reference.  Pretty sure it could be done as long as you get the nose right.

28 minutes ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

Yes, the RA-5C was a very elegant airplane. Unfortunately they hardly carried anything under their wings ...

Cheers

Rainer

Hard to go really fast with bulky things strapped to your wings just like the stealthy F-35 looks like a flying house on radar when carrying external stores.  I literally grew up with Vigilantes and never saw them carry anything but the occasional flasher pod except on the day they were delivered.  Brand new white tails always showed up overhead carrying all four pylons and tanks.  Cluttered up the look of the airplane considerably.  Thankfully, rarely saw them with either once they got to the squadron.